TV Home Forum

I’m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! 2018

(August 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AD
addlestones
The Sun is reporting it will be Holly. Question is if it is true, will Phil go into the jungle and if not who will present This Morning with him?
:-(
A former member
Asa posted:
It will be Julia. She’s not suddenly had loads of retweets and appeared on GMB by coincidence.

Do you think? Still a bit left field for one of ITVs most valuable shows, isn’t it? Don’t get me wrong, I think she’d be great - she knows the format, how to play off a sidekick, and opportunity for some good Aussie/Pommy banter. Just feels like a risk ITV wouldn’t be brave enough to take.

And it’s making me miss Liquid News!

I reckon so. It also avoids the awkwardness of potentially creating a threat to the partnership of Ant and Dec, given that she is based on the other side of the world. Anyone else (Mulherne for example) would lead to all sorts of rumours of Ant being replaced for good.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
They'll go for an 'ITV' face I'm sure and somebody that will work well with Dec. They should snap Julia up though for the ITV2 show.
AN
Andrew Founding member
The Sun is reporting it will be Holly. Question is if it is true, will Phil go into the jungle and if not who will present This Morning with him?

I’m sure they’ll confirm someone else on Sunday

Remember she was confirmed last year leading to Dec making the gag at the start of the first show.
AN
Andrew Founding member
JAS84 posted:
List of candidates. They've actually already decided who got the job, it's just not been revealed who yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45283965

Jeremy Kyle, Bradley Walsh and Vernon Kay have been mentioned by who...? Very Happy
FO
FanOfTV99
It could be Cat Deeley since they both have a good connection.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member

I’m sure they’ll confirm someone else on Sunday

Remember she was confirmed last year leading to Dec making the gag at the start of the first show.

The difference being this year we know Ant is definitely being replaced. So it’s an entirely plausible possibility.
CW
CraigWills
Holly Willoughby does seem a likely choice, it would mean she’ll be absent from TM for what at least five weeks? Could be the reason why This Morning has been trying out a few new presenters over the last few weeks. Lisa Snowdon or Mollie King could take over for a few weeks if Holly does go to Australia.
Caroline Flack is one name I’d be tempting to put forward too, people know her from Strictly, Xtra Factor and that one series of X Factor (albeit that series of X Factor wasn’t brilliant) but more importantly Love Island has been really big so Caroline could also help keep the younger audience interested in the show.
Laura Whitmore I’d also suggest, she was pretty good on the ITV2 spin off show and always seemed to work well with Ant and Dec. She’s done strictly and been popping up on GMB recently so while not a big ITV face, she’s still recognised.
I’d be very surprised to see Cat Deeley present, she’d be practically unknown to like under 25s. I also think Scarlett Moffatt would be a big mistake, the ITV2 show wasn’t brilliant last year, it still misses a proper presenter like Caroline or Laura.
JO
Jonwo
Holly Willoughby does seem a likely choice, it would mean she’ll be absent from TM for what at least five weeks? Could be the reason why This Morning has been trying out a few new presenters over the last few weeks. Lisa Snowdon or Mollie King could take over for a few weeks if Holly does go to Australia.
Caroline Flack is one name I’d be tempting to put forward too, people know her from Strictly, Xtra Factor and that one series of X Factor (albeit that series of X Factor wasn’t brilliant) but more importantly Love Island has been really big so Caroline could also help keep the younger audience interested in the show.
Laura Whitmore I’d also suggest, she was pretty good on the ITV2 spin off show and always seemed to work well with Ant and Dec. She’s done strictly and been popping up on GMB recently so while not a big ITV face, she’s still recognised.
I’d be very surprised to see Cat Deeley present, she’d be practically unknown to like under 25s. I also think Scarlett Moffatt would be a big mistake, the ITV2 show wasn’t brilliant last year, it still misses a proper presenter like Caroline or Laura.

This Morning can survive a few weeks without Holly considering she took nearly a year off after the birth of her third child. Mollie isn't a bad shout but I think they'd go for Amanda Holden given she did the show with Phil while Holly was on maternity leave.
BR
Brekkie
Unless it is Cat Deeley it seems an odd decision, though they are good friends with Holly and Phil. Is moving in to presenter swingers territory though.
:-(
A former member
Other than Cat Deeley, all the other suggestions (Holly Willoughby, Scarlett Moffatt, Laura Whitmore, Caroline Flack) are all just a bit boring. I really hope they do go left field with Julia, I think it’d pay off massively.
RE
Revolution
The only sidekick I would like to see is Cat Deeley. I don't see her being "unknown" to the younger audiences as a problem; better than having the same old ITV "stars" flog a show. But they seem hellbent on making Holly "happen" and I think she'll step in.

I suspect it won't be Stephen; what would happen to the "Ant and Dec" brand if their partnership gets rave reviews?

Newer posts