Media Websites

Twitter (and other social media) Gold Thread

Sharing the best from Twitter... before closing time! (April 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Something you don't see every day on a weather slide:

15 days later

NJ
Wikipedia 1986 style ("cut out and keep!") for three of the Wide Awake Club presenters:

HC
Hatton Cross
Haa! James Baker. Family - 'one brother'
Yeah, and Dad was pretty well known at the time as well.
But, in the interests of not flagging up rampant nepotism...
IS
Inspector Sands
Who were his family?
NJ
I believe if we're talking about the same individual former BBC Newsreader Richard Baker is James's father, and James now apparently works for Sky.
HC
Hatton Cross
We are..
James ran Sky One for a while, I seem to remember.
DE
DE88
Can't quite believe Tommy's nearly 65...

9 days later

VM
VMPhil
Not sure where to put this but I've unintentionally caused frustration at the BBC because my stupid joke logo for BBC Parliament appears in the Google search page as the official logo… now I feel bad. But it's kind of funny.

SP
Steve in Pudsey
Could be worse - Greggs had a similar, but more unfortunate, issue a few years ago

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/19/providing-st-to-scum-greggs-bakery-subjected-to-google-mishap-and-twitter-wont-let-it-go-4838208/
JA
james-2001
Not as funny as when it happened to PC World:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/pc-world-google-gaffe-this-is-what-happens-when-you-try-to-search-for-the-computer-superstore-online-9168895.html
DE88, paul_hadley and Steve in Pudsey gave kudos

10 days later

NJ
Spotted on the TV-am Twitter feed, this flyer/advert/feature (year unknown but probably late 1983 or early 1984) is probably twenty years ahead of its time, mentioning that the service is part of ITV1 Very Happy

Mistype? Or a nod to TVs that had two ITV buttons? Smile
VM
VMPhil
I think we've talked about this before, because there's a TV-am promo where David Frost says '…on your ITV1 button', which is what TV sets were labelled like at the time (ITA1/IBA1/ITV1 and the same for ITV2, before it was announced as Channel 4)

Newer posts