TV Home Forum

STV 60th Birthday: 31 August

It will be on STV and STV2 (August 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
STV could have at least tried to make the endboard fit with the mood of the promo, unless they were given a burnt in version
AN
Andrew Founding member
That end board makes it look like Corrie is celebrating 60 years.
JA
JAS84
You're right. There really should've been an STV logo next to that.

And I think dbl is onto something - they probably did get a burnt in version and used their full screen endboard to cover up the ITV logo.
DE
DE88
Is the 30th anniversary really as long ago now as the launch was at the time? Good grief...

Of course, STV celebrated *that* anniversary by putting their Bertie Bassett thistle in front of the graph paper it was supposedly designed on (copyright Matthew "Applemask" Harris).

It's probably a cliché - but how much idents have changed in the last 30 years, compared to the previous 30...

:-(
A former member
some gems from STV2 This weekend:

* SAT: 11:30am - 12:30pm This is Scotland - STV first programme
* SAT : 1:30pm - 2:00pm The Home Show
* SAT: 11:15pm - 11:45pm Victor and Barry THEN 11:45pm - 12:30am Jazz at the Gateway
*SUN: 1:00pm - 2:00pm Reid About Russia
*SUN: 7:00pm - 8:00pm Thingummyjig
*SUN: 8;15pm - 9:00pm Bowler & The Bunnet
A former member
Lovery tribute on the stv news just now. Makes me think There making a real effort.
A former member
Move on TVLIVE:

http://www.tvlive.website/media/stv/2014June/60/STVNB-37.JPG
NT
NorthTonight
Will be interesting to see if anything from Grampian turns up.

Most likely not as Grampian wasn't formed until the 30th of September 1961...

And for the 50th, they basically rehashed old interviews from previous celebrations.
A former member
Doesn't help most of the people from the 30th celebrations have died over the last 30 years, same goes for the 50th Grampian. Mind you Glen Michael is still with us and aged 90 odd. along side Mrs mack Wink
A former member
Here is gem from 30 years ago, a lost STV hogmanay show:

LA
lambrusco303
That end board makes it look like Corrie is celebrating 60 years.

Absolutely terrible design. Typical STV. Laughing

I swear we're watching on Saturday, and after the Corrie trailer my dad said that it's Corrie's 60th year. I looked at that graphic and replied that they must have launched the same year as STV. Razz
A former member
It seems the idents are getting a LIVE impute to add in the 60 year tag line.

Newer posts