BBC News "Break in"

(March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Bail Moderator

London Lite and uktvwatcher gave kudos
SK
Skygeek
That this will be the high-point of their achievements in life is all one needs to know.
MM
MMcG198
Well that's pretty disturbing isn't it. Not entirely surprising though. I'm sure the BBC isn't too different from any of the companies I've worked for over the years, where security measures have been pretty flimsy to say the least. But given the profile of BBC News, I would've expected more. That news centre should be like Fort Knox. But clearly, it isn't!
BA
Bail Moderator
I'm just glad it was a bunch of idiots/youtubers for a prank during a vt rather than something far more sinister actually going out live.
CR
Critique
It may have just been a prank, but I can't imagine it was a particularly enjoyable experience for anyone in the studio at the time - must have felt rather threatened to have a group of people with cameras charge into their place of work, even if they didn't cause any actual damage or anything like that. Based on the videos they weren't caught at the time - is there anything they can actually be punished for legally here though?
MM
MMcG198
Bail posted:
I'm just glad it was a bunch of idiots/youtubers for a prank during a vt rather than something far more sinister actually going out live.

Indeed! I'm a bit surprised that the Studio E entrance isn't at least protected by some form of security card/keypad mechanism.
Stuart, JamesTV and Rkolsen gave kudos
DW
DavidWhitfield
I detest the kind of morons who think 'pranks' like this are funny. Absolutely pathetic.
WO
Worzel
As I understand it from the BBC News article, the invasion happened at 7:30 - which would have been during the weather junction when the studio wasn't live.
What actually happened on air? Did the News channel go to a recorded programme at 7:30 after the weather? Rachel Schofield's seen walking off set so I can't imagine they were in a position to cut back to E after the weather.
Last edited by Worzel on 5 March 2017 11:53pm
RN
Rolling News
There are many words that spring to mind to describe these imbeciles that I won't share as I don't think they're suitable for a family friendly forum.
KN
knack
Idiots.

And after all that "effort" they couldn't even time it so they did appear on TV.

At least it gives the BBC a chance to review their security.
RK
Rkolsen
I guess the positive side is that security had a chance to x ray their belongings. But wouldn't it have been great if they got lost inside the building?
DB
dbl
Urgh, this strikes me as YouTube morons who don't understand limits to pranking. Literally doing this stuff for views/being viral.

Pathetic

Newer posts