TV Home Forum

sit-up tv (bid shopping) - OFF AIR

Channels in administration - Page 83 (July 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
David
Peter Simon put the lack of phone lines down to Mother's Day. I'm not sure who to believe, frankly.

I expect that was the reason. He does work there whereas we are only speculating. I was watching Bid on Friday and to my surprise Paul Evers did a Peter Simon style introduction, only it wasn't really an introduction it was in the middle of his shift.

I was going to say that this is probably the last interesting thing to happen on Price Drop before its imminent closure. That was until I was watching at around 16:00 yesterday and Lisa Brash was sick in to a bin. This wasn't on air, we saw her selling three scarves when she suddenly stopped talking. There was a minute or so of the scarves with just music before it went to a break where they showed the same 3 promos 4 or 5 times, as is their style. When Lisa Brash came back she apologised and explained that she had been sick in to a bin. She also used some hand sanitiser, to avoid getting vomit on the scarves which eventually dropped to 1p. Great television.
RO
rob Founding member
Shopping channels Bid and Price drop have today changed frequencies on Freeview with new channel CBS Reality preparing to launch using bid's vacated bandwidth.

http://www.a516digital.com/2014/03/bid-and-price-drop-change-freeview.html
JB
JasonB
So will Bid start at 8am on freeview instead of Price-drop?
JA
JAS84
rob posted:
Shopping channels Bid and Price drop have today changed frequencies on Freeview with new channel CBS Reality preparing to launch using bid's vacated bandwidth.

http://www.a516digital.com/2014/03/bid-and-price-drop-change-freeview.html
CBS Reality has been on air since 2009. It's not a new channel, just new to Freeview.
JB
JasonB
According to bid's new EPG on 791 there's no events scheduled from 8pm onwards tomorrow.
BA
bilky asko
According to bid's new EPG on 791 there's no events scheduled from 8pm onwards tomorrow.

That's the old slot, not the new one.
JB
JasonB
Price-drop on 23 has been replaced with Bid again on my receiver and i still have the old bid slot on 791.
Last edited by JasonB on 31 March 2014 6:03pm
DA
David
I currently have [Shop at] Bid on 023 and 791. The EPG information on 023 is for [Best of] Bid. I have nowt on 037. I guess it will sort itself out overnight.

Do we actually know what has changed? Has one of the channels got new hours?
GO
gottago
Price Drop has moved to the HD mux so if you're no longer seeing it on 37 then it is with grave regret, David, that I must inform you that you will no longer be able to receive the channel on your television. Instead you'll be able to watch CBS Reality and see Judge Judy and Cheaters.
DA
David
It's worse than that. My understanding is that I will only be able to watch half an hour (01:30 - 02:00) of Accurate Teleshopping.
MA
Markymark
Price Drop has moved to the HD mux

It's moved to Mux/COM 7 which now contains two SD channels, so it can't really be described as being 'The HD mux'. PSB 3 is what has been up until now been described as 'The HD Mux'
BA
bilky asko
Price Drop has moved to the HD mux

It's moved to Mux/COM 7 which now contains two SD channels, so it can't really be described as being 'The HD mux'. PSB 3 is what has been up until now been described as 'The HD Mux'

It's more of a 256-QAM DVB-T2 MPEG4 multiplex.

Newer posts