Mass Media & Technology

Renderers

(October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DK
DanielK
Can anyone recommend good free renderers for Sketchup please?

It would be good if they were easy to use and didn't involve exporting the model, the textures... blah blah blah.

Daniel
BA
bilky asko
Kerkythea was easy enough for me to use 5 years ago when I knew significantly less about how to use renderers. If that's too complex for you to use, you'll have to sacrifice quality for ease of use.
ID
Identity
Kerkythea is what I use and it's simple to use and has good results
DT
DTV
I use Maxwell which comes as a plug-in for Sketchup however it takes longer than other renderers and is a different type of rendering to most other renderers.
BA
bilky asko
DTV posted:
I use Maxwell which comes as a plug-in for Sketchup however it takes longer than other renderers and is a different type of rendering to most other renderers.

It also leaves a horrible grain on the image if you don't give it enough time, or just have it set up incorrectly:
DT
DTV
DTV posted:

It also leaves a horrible grain on the image if you don't give it enough time, or just have it set up incorrectly:

Yeah well I have moved on from that, i can now get it set up without any grain. However I've tried others and when I tried Kerkythea It took almost 48 hours.
BA
bilky asko
DTV posted:
Yeah well I have moved on from that, i can now get it set up without any grain. However I've tried others and when I tried Kerkythea It took almost 48 hours.

48 hours?! Unless you're rendering on a 10 year old machine (or you're somehow overcooking it with the settings/file size/complexity), it won't take anywhere near that long.

Newer posts