The Newsroom

ITV London Tonight

(December 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Charlene White is presenting the 6 this evening.
BE
Benjamin1
Charlene White is presenting the 6 this evening.

I notice Natasha K presented the 1.30 whilst Alastair S still presented the 6.30... Even Natasha didn't present London Tonight aswell... are using different teams from now on?
MA
Macalolo
Sangeeta Kandola is back.
MA
Macalolo
Problems with the green screen - wide shot of studio has 'London Tonight' graphic in the plasma but shot of guests does not.
LO
Londoner
Otherwise, I think the technical execution of the new set is pretty amazing. Those not 'in the know' would scarcely notice the difference.

And the content of the programme is not as dire as it was in those early days after the change.
LL
Otherwise, I think the technical execution of the new set is pretty amazing. Those not 'in the know' would scarcely notice the difference.

And the content of the programme is not as dire as it was in those early days after the change.

I did notice less reliance on neighbouring regions this week. The Harlow fire story was covered by LT and Anglia with their own reporters in addition to ITN freelancer Ellie Price who was on both regions from the hospital in Chelmsford.

Still too many guests padding though, they even managed it on the condensed 20 minute edition today.
LL
Ben Scotchbrook presenting the Thursday 6pm bulletin for the first time in a while.
MA
Macalolo
Ben Scotchbrook presenting the Thursday 6pm bulletin for the first time in a while.

It was his last bulletin as well apparently. Was there any goodbye message or will he back with the late bulletin?
DK
DanielK
No message and nope, Lucrezia is on the Late bulliten. How come when she is on the LT late, she doesn't do the national 5.30?
LL
No message and nope, Lucrezia is on the Late bulliten. How come when she is on the LT late, she doesn't do the national 5.30?

Thursday and Friday have been traditionally where Ben has presented the late, which has enabled the overnight ITV News presenter to come in an hour later. It looks like Lucrezia is becoming Nina's dep as of next week.

Have to say after watching Ben's bulletin tonight, he did look slightly sad, but as pro as ever with the sign-off. Will be missed.
MA
Macalolo

Thursday and Friday have been traditionally where Ben has presented the late, which has enabled the overnight ITV News presenter to come in an hour later. It looks like Lucrezia is becoming Nina's dep as of next week.

Have to say after watching Ben's bulletin tonight, he did look slightly sad, but as pro as ever with the sign-off. Will be missed.

Can't believe I missed it! It's a shame how he has been overshadowed in recent weeks but obviously that was to make way for Lucrezia to present more.

His pause before 'goodnight' or 'goodbye' were somewhat of a trademark much to Alistairs 'a very good night to you' and Marks 'goodnight and thank you for watching'. A legend which will be notably missed.
DK
DanielK
I hate the way Mark signs off! Makes it sound like hes filling for time, should be Julie's job to signoff.

Newer posts