TV Home Forum

Hollyoaks - Weekdays 6.30pm C4, 7pm E4

(September 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Jez posted:
The longest serving female character I think now Mandy has left.

Perhaps this storyline leads to the rumoured return of Mandy then - though I believe she is now working as a receptionist at a GP surgery somewhere in the Midlands!
JE
Jez Founding member
Id love to see Mandy return to Hollyoaks on a regular basis.
PE
Pete Founding member
Even though I'm not keen on the Becca business, anything that has the possibility of destroying Justin is good.

9 days later

BR
Brekkie
C4 giving this week's John Paul storyline a bit of promotion. Actually I've seen two different ads airing, one for C4 and one for E4.
BR
Brekkie
A good couple of episodes around the fallout of the John Paul - Craig kiss this week, especially tonight's E4 edition which scratched the surface a bit more.

Moving on to another McQueen, hopefully Jacqui will be a better character this time around. Didn't like her originally but warmed to her a bit more when she was inside with Becca - and we saw a bit of her more human side with John Paul tonight.

Having said that though, her first storyline on the outside is getting Justin to confess, so maybe she won't be too nice to start off with!
DA
David_02
Hollyoaks is fantastic right now, easily my favourite soap at the moment. The JP storyline has been handled fantastically, and James Sutton has played it very well.
BR
Brekkie
It has been done very well without being sensationalised at all. Worth noting this comes from pretty much the same team responsible for the Karl/Todd/Sarah storyline on Corrie a few years back.

MediaGuardian reporting today - a couple of months after we all knew - that Hollyoaks In the City has been axed but they are looking at other avenues for spin-offs from the Hollyoaks brand.

I don't think launching yet another E4 series is the route to go now - IMO they might as well stick with In the City rather than start with yet another spin off - so I think it's more a case of doing the short late-night specials on C4, which played a crucial part in the whole date-rape storyline last year.

Meanwhile Hollyoaks is enjoying it's best ratings in three years, averaging 2.2m last year on C4 - and that doesn't cover the upto 750,000 who watch on E4.

I know it's still small fry compare to the big three - but considering how much their audiences have fallen in the last three years it really is a remarkable achievement.
JE
Jez Founding member
I am enjoying the John Paul storyline at the moment. Its far far better than the Corrie Karl/Todd storyline ever was.

Im also liking the storyline with Becca at the moment - tonights E4 episode was good.
BR
Brekkie
It's been the best week of Hollyoaks so far this year thanks to the JP storyline and the way it's been dealt with.

The fallout has been brilliant, especially with Hannah, while it's good they've not compromised John Paul's character at all since he came out as other soaps have been known to do in the past.

It should all be getting even better in the next couple of weeks too - they've given the JP storyline alot of promotion, so I wonder if they'll do the same for next weeks.
DA
David_02
Jez posted:
I am enjoying the John Paul storyline at the moment. Its far far better than the Corrie Karl/Todd storyline ever was.

Im also liking the storyline with Becca at the moment - tonights E4 episode was good.

I agree about the Corrie/Karl storyline. It was good but had so many flaws. I think the Hollyoaks storyline is so much better. I'm really loving the show at the moment. it's certainly on a roll.
JE
Jez Founding member
02cashindavid posted:
Jez posted:

I agree about the Corrie/Karl storyline. It was good but had so many flaws. I think the Hollyoaks storyline is so much better. I'm really loving the show at the moment. it's certainly on a roll.

Me too. Its excellent at the moment.

This storyline is more realistic that the Corrie one was IMO and the characters of John Paul is likeable unlike Karl in Corrie.
BR
Brekkie
Jez posted:
02cashindavid posted:
Jez posted:

Me too. Its excellent at the moment.

This storyline is more realistic that the Corrie one was IMO and the characters of John Paul is likeable unlike Karl in Corrie.

Funny how you agree with someone who agrees with you - don't you agree? Laughing

Newer posts