TV Home Forum

ITV1 is now off air on analogue

(May 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
EH
Edward H
off the air makes no sence.. off air i think you mean!
AN
Ant
gum boy posted:
off the air? off air do you mean?

What? Confused
MS
MrStrawsonsSheep
MalcyB posted:
I keep coming to this thread thinking ITV has gone off the air again!

As if they would!

In jest though, I wonder what consideration would lure them to be an accelerated analogue deserter

Very Happy All restrictions on sponsorship - gone
Smile Levy swapped for nice subsidy to do regional news
Surprised Extra national digital mux all to themselves
Razz Earn Tessa brownie points - useful when complaining to ofCom about that nice man Rupert!
Razz Allowed to buy-into (buy-up) commercial radio
Idea Government protection against nasty overseas preditors
Wink Encouraged to spend silly money on football rights
Embarassed Government falls over to assist when buisness model goes pear shaped
Rolling Eyes RPI + big% (any number you can think of) to screw the advertisers.
Cool Government continue to stick boot into BBC and reduce licence fee in real terms.

No, none of it is going to happen - analogue is with us untill 2015 (Sorry - 2012!)
AN
Andrew Founding member
gum boy posted:
off the air makes no sence.. off air i think you mean!

sence?
NH
Nick Harvey Founding member
gum boy posted:
sence

What, as in the lovely odour of spring flowers?
AN
Ant
Well as this is kind of connected with this thread, I might as well post it here..

At the end of the ITV News when Trevor was talking about what's on the ITV News Channel, it suddenly cut to a Powergen sponsorship. The screen went black and went back to Trevor (this time in Widescreen) and then to an ITN caption. This stayed on for 5 seconds or so and then went to a VT countdown for the weather. On Scottish/Grampian, we got a caption saying 'Nighttime TV' on it and then it suddenly went to the weather. During the middle of the weather, it cut to a Powergen sponsorship and everything went back to normal!
RH
richard h
here in yorkshire we have had problems with the news prevue at5:30. just a still caption.

the paul o grady show keeps going off air. now lost channel 3,4 and 5 bbc 1 and 2 still on however

Newer posts