The Newsroom

News Coverage of Glasgow Incident

26th June 2020 (June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Reports of three dead in a shooting/stabbing incident in the center of Glasgow City.

Sky News (my only outlet at the moment) has James Matthew on the phone speaking over LIVE pictures.

BBC News’ Catriona Renton reporting three deaths.

Multiple injuries.
Last edited by JamesWorldNews on 26 June 2020 5:37pm - 2 times in total
JW
JamesWorldNews
** Catriona’s report as yet unconfirmed.
CM
cmthwtv
Reports of three dead in a shooting/stabbing incident in the center of Glasgow City.

Sky News (my only outlet at the moment) has James Matthew on the phone speaking over LIVE pictures.
BBC News’ Catriona Renton reporting three deaths.

Multiple injuries.

City Centre basically shut off. No danger to public apparently.

CM
cmthwtv
BBC confirming three people stabbed in stairwell of hotel - all three believed to have died. Suspect shot by police.
BB
BBI45
Sky News is quoting official sources as saying there are a "number of fatalities".

EDIT: Sky News push notification now saying "Several dead" in stabbing incident.
Last edited by BBI45 on 26 June 2020 2:33pm
JW
JamesWorldNews
Sky News now reporting that a suspect has been shot.
MI
TheMike
That's TV joining in with the coverage, at least on Twitter, albeit in American English...

FC
FrancesC
When did BBC World join NC?
CM
cmthwtv

Filler into 15:00 GMT, so I would presume then. No welcome to viewers around the world previous to that.
JW
JamesWorldNews
BBC News and print media confirming three deaths. Sky News so far holding back on confirmation of fatalities beyond the attacker.

Sarah Hewson in the studio and Mark White (presenting from home) handling the Sky News coverage this afternoon.
SL
Shaun Linden
Nothing in the police update about deaths.
MI
TheMike

Filler into 15:00 GMT, so I would presume then. No welcome to viewers around the world previous to that.

1500 GMT isn't for another 24 minutes Very Happy
Brekkie, cmthwtv and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos

Newer posts