TV Home Forum

Christmas Adverts 2019

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ET
ethanh05
Not a Christmas advert but I see the Deliveroo advert has been banned due to being misleading, as it suggested you can order from umpteen restaurants all in one go and get it all delivered together.

At least Karen won’t have to worry about those Carbs anymore.

Assuming she has already gone to Marbs a long time ago.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
A small Welsh independent hardware store's Christmas ad goes viral and all it cost was £100:

Guardian claims it wipes the floor with the £7m dragon in the John Lewis advert.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Twee and exploitative.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Sky have now released their full version of the ET ad.

JO
Josh
There's going to be a Christmas Jumper Day advert takeover during the first ad break of Gogglebox.
FA
fanoftv
It was very nicely done, especially adding a jumper to this year’s John Lewis character Edgar the Dragon.
BR
Brekkie
Just seen Edgar with a set of headphones on and a tagline "Show them how much you care", which seems the sort of tagline the ASA will ban the ad for in three months time.

19 days later

JA
james-2001
Bit disapointed the "Leafy Blinders" Aldi build-up commercial didn't seem to come to anything, or if it did, I totally missed it. Bar a sprout briefly at the end of one of the other adverts anyway. We had that first advert, followed by a seemingly totally unconnected Greatest Showman inspired campaign, and a Robbie Williams cameo.

Edit: A quick google shows there was an advert that bridged the two campaigns, but somehow I managed to never actually see it on TV, it presumably can't have been aired much.
Last edited by james-2001 on 25 December 2019 10:31pm - 2 times in total
BR
Brekkie
That Kylie thing before the Queens Speech wasn't exactly worth promoting for weeks.
JA
james-2001
That Kylie thing before the Queens Speech wasn't exactly worth promoting for weeks.

I didn't watch the Queen's Speech, but was it the same advert with a beardy Adam Hills I've seen several times today? Yeah, it's not that exciting.
JO
Jon

I didn't watch the Queen's Speech, but was it the same advert with a beardy Adam Hills I've seen several times today? Yeah, it's not that exciting.

Yes, although it’s possible you saw a shorter edit. Didn’t make it any less interesting though.
JA
james-2001
Took me a while to realise it was Adam Hills, not used to seeing him with a beard!

I'm probably one of the few people in the county to know what a Quokka was even before this advert Razz

Newer posts