The Newsroom

The Moment with Maxine Mawhinney

(March 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Maxine is to return with a new discussion programme and has teased the opening titles on Twitter.

The first 9 episodes are already in the can.

Not sure on which outlet the programme will be airing, but great to know that Maxine will return to our screens soon.
TF
TellyFan

It doesn’t sound very ‘BBCish’ to me.
IT
itsrobert Founding member

I thought the same thing. And if it was a BBC News programme, it would most likely have had the David Lowe treatment.

I can't make my mind up. Possibly Sky? Or ITV? You watch it will be something else now!
TF
TellyFan

I thought the same thing. And if it was a BBC News programme, it would most likely have had the David Lowe treatment.

I can't make my mind up. Possibly Sky? Or ITV? You watch it will be something else now!

Yes, or maybe TED.
CI
cityprod
Might be just me, but something about this has a very Al-Jazeera vibe to it.

YO
yogibarney
Might be just me, but something about this has a very Al-Jazeera vibe to it.

I was thinking the same thing when I watched the titles last night
RA
radiolistener
The titles do have a VD look though.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Maybe TRT? Speculating only.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Maybe TRT? Speculating only.

TRT is the best educated guess so far. They have a fair amount of back half-hour filler.
UB
UBox
TRT is definitely a possibility since their London studio is at Celebro Media. The same company that Maxine became chairwoman of last year.
dvboy and London Lite gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
UBox posted:
TRT is definitely a possibility since their London studio is at Celebro Media. The same company that Maxine became chairwoman of last year.

And she did some cover shifts for said channel.
UB
UBox
The show has a YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0G6DUo9NlxrRfXAYZ5LQBQ
There's no mention of any broadcasters written anywhere (can't listen to the video right now). Maybe it's a totally independent channel? The studio seems to be Celebro's Studio C.

Newer posts