TV Home Forum

X Factor 2016

New titles. (August 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
I watched a complete episode of The X Factor for the first time in years on Saturday night, and was struck by how ham-fisted the product placement has become - "Look at my Fitbit measured pulse rate on my Lenovo laptop as last week's results came in!" being a particular lowlight. Seems to me that it really cheapens the X Factor brand (but for all I know, could've been going on for ages).

"After the results came in, we ordered a takeaway from Just Eat and booked a holiday from Lastminute.com! Then, we used our Lenovo laptops and our Fitbits to see how many calories we needed to burn!"

That's a taster from next week. Very Happy
JB
JasonB
Do the British public seriously really like Honey G or are they just keeping her in as a wind up?
:-(
A former member
Every year there is a fun act and every year, said fun act ramps up the talk for the X factor and somehow there will get to the final which there never do. If you look at the past, no one who went into bottom two at this stage of the game has ever won the show,
CA
Cando
If you look at the past, no one who went into bottom two at this stage of the game has ever won the show,

James Arthur was in the bottom 2 in the equivalent week
:-(
A former member
Cando posted:
If you look at the past, no one who went into bottom two at this stage of the game has ever won the show,

Someone knows there X factor history Wink
WH
Whataday Founding member
Cando posted:

That may be, but whichever way you look at it, it would be incredibly unlikely for her to get through another sing off, given the talent that's left, and there are too many acts with a strong fan base that will be near the top of the scoreboard.
ST
steddenm
Nobody mentioning that three people stormed the stage after Honey G's first performance tonight? Sharon loved it, Nicole however looked on in shock. Rumours circulating that the three tried to punch Honey G.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Nobody mentioning that three people stormed the stage after Honey G's first performance tonight? Sharon loved it, Nicole however looked on in shock. Rumours circulating that the three tried to punch Honey G.

Didn't see it myself but there is a suggestion it was as such staged...
DW
DavidWhitfield
The person pushing him towards the stage was one of the imbeciles who planned it. He was the one in the grey coat who also 'stormed the stage'.

Say I've no sense of humour if you wish, but I think people who do things like this are morons of the highest order.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Say I've no sense of humour if you wish, but I think people who do things like this are morons of the highest order.

I agree - and it has to be said that security at TV recordings is still far too lax. Having been to many, including The X Factor, not once have I seen anyone searched or frisked. When you think that any of the stage invaders could have been carrying a knife, it's suddenly less amusing.
DB
dbl
The pranksters were the infamous Trollstation:

JA
JAS84
I hope someone's getting their P45 tomorrow. Mad

Newer posts