The Gallery

Channel 5 Idea

An idea to mix the current circular identity to its roots of the 5 colours. (February 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PF
PFML84
I have tried my original idea but now have used the 1997 Channel 5 logo and made the circle a whole rather than with spaces separating each colour. I also like the rough edges look the original C5 logo had.

Again, cheap and nasty, this is just to give you an idea of what I mean.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/10nxhzq.jpg
FA
fanoftv
As a lot of people are not liking the font in the logo itself - I have tried a different idea. Thoughts?

PF
PFML84
Yes, I think that looks a lot better than the rounded one. I am not a fan of the current chunky 5 used on screen. Have you thought about making the circle smaller and not having spaces between each colour? I also think swapping the green and purple segments around would look better. I don't think orange and purple beside each other looks right. I don't know why, it just doesn't!

Are you working on end boards, animations, menus etc as well for this mock? Would be great to see what you can come up with. I think you have the logo pretty well sorted. Smile
FA
fanoftv
The order of the colours is the same as the original stripes.

I will look to work on things. I like the gaps personally.
PF
PFML84
Of course, I never actually noticed that, I thought one of the original colours was red. Apologies!
FA
fanoftv
A thicker ring with no gaps:

PF
PFML84
Yes, I like it as a whole ring rather than with gaps. Logo sorted. Now the rest of the look needs to be built around it. Looking great so far. Smile
MF
MatthewFirth
The font of the 5 is now better, now there is no gaps in the circle either. Well done!
FA
fanoftv
I may adjust the blue as it blends too much with the green.

I must admit that I'm not the biggest fan of this new font and ring that I am going down as I feel like I'm now just recreating a 90's brand. We'll see how it goes next.
DE
declan
I really like the thicker design (the latest one) although I also like the idea you have with the designs being more embedded in the background as shown in your first post on this page.

I can't say for sure but you'll know, are all your colours given equal segments? I wouldn't love worry too much about have the colours in the correct order, I would have a standard logo that is used for branding like on buildings and would allow the on-screen graphics the flexibility to change the order - the wood group rebrand is what I am thinking of.
JA
Jake

I can't say for sure but you'll know, are all your colours given equal segments?

Nope. They're way off being equal.
MF
MatthewFirth
The problem is most likely the green, the yellow and purple looks just about right, blue is too short too.

Newer posts