TV Home Forum

Doctor Who- The New Series (W/O spoilers)

(June 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ID
Inflatable Dartboard
Ronnie Rowlands posted:
The scene where Rose walks away from that explosion without flinching reminded me of Sylvester McCoy doing the same in 1988's 'The Greatest Show in the Galaxy.

Me too Smile

Ronnie Rowlands posted:
"The Osterhagen key" was also odd, but my fear is that it's going to turn out to be some giant reset button that will lazily conclude and fix the story, like last year's disappointing finale.

This worry has also formed in my mind. I may have to personally murder RTD if this turns out to be the case. Evil or Very Mad
JO
Johnny83
Hymagumba posted:
what I love is that the trailer that aired today tells you *NOTHING*.

It's so wonderfully useless as a spoiler as all you see is davros ranting on and generic shots of explosions and stuff. It's so nice that everything is secret for once.

Yes it does make a nice change, first time since this show has come back that we really don't know what's going on & good cliffhanger this time round that has, me at least, eagerly awaiting next Saturdays show Very Happy
WE
Westy2
Pre credits sequence Saturday anyone?
DJ
DJGM
Most likely just a resumé of episode 12, then straight into the opening title sequence.
PA
paul_hadley
I'm just wondering if they'll end the series with the usual line they end the series with.

"What? What?"

Very Happy
FL
flaziola
I'm surprised no-one on this forum noticed that the NEWS 24 channel has had a bit of a rebrand. Laughing
DB
dbl
'NEWS' Laughing Sad

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/246/cap00002mk9zh8.jpg
RE
Reboot
Meh, don't worry - it'll be "BBC NEWS 24" again by 2012, if you remember Fear Her Smile

[And I don't blame you if you don't - the ep was crap]
ST
Stuart
Reboot posted:
Meh, don't worry - it'll be "BBC NEWS 24" again by 2012, if you remember Fear Her Smile

[And I don't blame you if you don't - the ep was crap]

I agree, that really was an awful episode. I got so frustrated with having to turn the volume up and down everytime that little girl was doing her "whispering voice" that I settled for having the subtitles on instead. I've always avoided it whenever it's been repeated on UKTV Gold.
MA
Manxy
So in Who world, News 24 was existed until about March 2009 then becomes News, but by 2012 its reverted back to News 24 and the brilliant old graphics. Now if only the BBC would bring back News 24. Laughing
ST
Stuart
BBC News at Six have just done a report on tomorrow's series finale and the "regeneration" question. I just managed to switch over before seeing any of the "sneak preview" they were about to show.

So, beware of new trailers during tonight and tomorrow which may spoil things for those of us wanting to know as little as possible before Saturday night!
WI
Wicko
StuartPlymouth posted:
BBC News at Six have just done a report on tomorrow's series finale and the "regeneration" question. I just managed to switch over before seeing any of the "sneak preview" they were about to show.

So, beware of new trailers during tonight and tomorrow which may spoil things for those of us wanting to know as little as possible before Saturday night!

The trailers reveal nothing but i do sort of agree with your way of thinking that maybe just maybe.....spoilers DO spoil your enjoyment! must admit I'm really excited about tomorrows episode!

Newer posts