The Newsroom

BBC News 24

(January 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BB
BBCWalesToday
A bloke on your news said he hated the news 24 theme.. i felt i had to act.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DE-bkzbaAD0 Embarassed

Long live the beeps.
BB
BBC LDN
BBCwalestoday posted:
A bloke on your news said he hated the news 24 theme.. i felt i had to act.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DE-bkzbaAD0 Embarassed

Long live the beeps.

I'm really not sure what the point of that was, and the only thing I've got out of it is a longing for the 90-or-so seconds that I lost by watching it. I'll never get that time back again - it's just gone.

What's worse is the fact that the guy actually said that he hated the "background music to the news items" - he didn't say he hated the News 24 theme music, and I'm also pretty sure that he didn't mean the headline beds either. I think that what's irritating him is the use of incidental music during news packages to supposedly 'aurally illustrate' or emphasise the theme of a story. Something akin to the use of a snippet of "Beyond The Sea" during a package about the MSC Napoli. And it wouldn't be the first time I've heard that complaint - I'm sure I saw something pop up about it briefly on Newswatch a while back.

This insight makes it even more insulting that I chose to watch your clip, as it makes its very existence even more pointless.
BB
BBCWalesToday
*sorry*
Anyways, they have an interesting background to there two live videos this morning.
It's what looks like water, pretty interesting but its a still shot, not acctually moving like the normal globe.
SE
Seb
Technical problems on the online stream of news 24 - and it seems jon sopel is in the national sstudio n6 with no backdrop working?

Seems that they are actually in the newsnight set - looking at the chair.

Edit - power issues according to another poster at TVC.
JA
Jamesypoo
"Stay with us here on the BBC. This is BBC News" at 3.26 suggests to me a simulcast with BBC World.
SE
Seb
Seemingly a simulcast with world as we are watching BBC News - big pause a moment ago so they have presumably left.

The picture online has improved, but there are sound issues.

Edit - james beat me to it.
SE
Seb
from the other thread .....

CyberCD posted:
Has there been a fire alarm / power cut at TVC? Jon Sopel's presenting News 24 from somewhere unusual (BBC London?) and before that we were with Chris Eakin in Gloucester for about 20mins non-stop.

Chris did mention that they were having problems linking to the studio when i brought up the online feed.
JA
Jamesypoo
In TC7 and using the Working Lunch desk.

http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/n24tc7.jpg
BB
BBCWalesToday
Oh my.. did anyone see the shot at 15:31? the desk is.. a horrid shade of blue.
SE
Seb
Yep we are in TC7 complete with working lunch desk setup (blue cover on top!)

Also they are seemingly using the blurred backdrop they normally use when in tc7 or n6, but the chair is in the working lunch position so there is nothing on that part of the background!
JF
JamesyFish
Ewww, very weird, they're all over the place at the mo......
SE
Seb
are you watching online newsroom? the picture keeps going green and the sound is slowing right down.

Newer posts