The Newsroom

News 24 Maps

Have they changed? (September 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SJ
sjhoward
I've caught a different style of map on News 24 over the past few days - more 'normal' green colour with some topographical detail rather than the 70's style effort I've seen on there before. Is this a change of style, or do they just sometimes use these 'other' maps?
MA
Matrix
Umm does seem a bit odd, all those maps, also the amount of different text styles used, News24 used to be pretty good, around the relaunch, same maps, same texts, but its kinda gone down the national route of using whatever, whenever. I understand its important to "Be first to be fast but its important to get it right" sorry I love that qoute.[John Simpson] Why not just have one set. Simple.
But hey maybe its just me, im jealous alright, we only have one set of maps, curse budgets. Evil or Very Mad
DA
DAS Founding member
You only have one set of maps? What does that mean?
:-(
A former member
I think he means he works for a news organisation other than the BBC. FYI these new green and blue maps made an appearance on the BBC's Ten O'Clock news tonight but the old orange and blue flat one (a la BBC News 24) also appeared...

Huw looked a bit stressed at the start of the bulletin too and had to pause and say sorry in the middle of reading.
KA
Kaplinsky
Yes, I saw that too. I think he was apologising because he swallowed. Those new maps look very good as well I think.
MA
Matrix
I was actually refering to the BBC Regions.

Newer posts