BBC Four News Breakdown

(December 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
M
M@ Founding member
All other services are fine where I am.
:-(
A former member
well 25 minutes in... still the recorded bulletin so of course we can't tell whether the World studio is working

I guess there wouldn't have been any point in trying to get the incoming presenter into the studio almost an hour early unless something big broke.. it would be weird to come back from a break with a different presenter!

If 24 is ok then, could it simply be a BBC4 technical thing rather than a repeat of last week?

In & out of breaks is certainly very messy - the breakfiller is a lot louder than the recorded bulletin - and is just being faded out "when ready" rather than after a section! What a mess - twice in a week
Last edited by A former member on 3 December 2003 8:24pm
M
M@ Founding member
Back with Four News now mid-report as if nothing happened. Confused
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Well as 5Live is apparently off on DSat that would imply it's not limited to BBC4.

News24 might be ok as they're still in TC10 and not their proper home.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
M@ posted:
Back with Four News now mid-report as if nothing happened. Confused

World are still with David Jessel! Has Kirsty been presenting, thinking she had viewers?!
IT
itsrobert Founding member
johnnybegood posted:
itsrobert posted:

Do they not have a proper Recorded DOG? That is God awful!

Anyone know if News 24 is off again? I can't see a TV

That's World's standard recorded DOG - big enough isn't it?!!

News 24 has been fine throughout by the looks of it.
PE
Pete Founding member
Well they mucked up the weather there. Poor Kirsty, she probably sat there all in the dark presenting the news - there's commitment for you.
LO
Londoner
"We had a power cut" said Kirsty

Why no Weather though?! We got a brief glimpse of Jo Farrow then an apology.
BB
BBC LDN
http://www.btinternet.com/~robc86/Images/BBC_World/bbc4b.JPG

I think that nasty man ate the BBC WORLD newsroom.
M
M@ Founding member
Kirsty apologised if any viewers lost the programme. Surely that was ALL viewers. Anyway, she said is was down to a power cut, in a way that suggested she was getting fed up with the BBC's power issues.
SP
Sput
M@ posted:
she said is was down to a power cut, in a way that suggested she was getting fed up with the BBC's power issues.

Indeed, her expression said it all! It was nice to see a bit of good old-fashioned fuzz when the breakdown occured too!
:-(
A former member
1) BBCW is visually back to normal.. the dynamic junction caption picked up off the back of the recorded news bulletin with "Top Gear Continues" - pretty much par for the course! Very common to see an error there but bizarrely it does still correctly show how long til the following programme.. this time (unusually) the gallery didn't jump in with a chunky overlay

2) For anyone who hasn't seen it.. that big RECORDED DOG is also used on bulletins shown on BA flights

Newer posts