TV Home Forum

BBC Scotland - the launch

Split from BBC Scotland channel - service to also launch in HD (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
Butterflies ident just now
IS
Inspector Sands
It sounded live to me as there was a pause before she spoke and she sounded nervous

Remember that the announcer is also directing the channel. I'm sure that starting a new channel is nerve wracking for a transmission controller normally, without having to open a mic and say something on air too!
JO
Josh
Don't know if this is just a preview, an error or a news update, but schedule is showing The Nine for 20:58 and then Still Game 2 minutes later at 21:00?
MR
mr_vivian
It sounded live to me as there was a pause before she spoke and she sounded nervous

Remember that the announcer is also directing the channel. I'm sure that starting a new channel is nerve wracking for a transmission controller normally, without having to open a mic and say something on air too!

It's not a criticism I was just explaining why I thought it sounded live and not rehearsed.
TI
TIGHazard
Josh posted:
Don't know if this is just a preview, an error or a news update, but schedule is showing The Nine for 20:58 and then Still Game 2 minutes later at 21:00?

Makes sense to do a preview on opening night.
RT
TheRealThomanory
Right guys here is the 2nd ident at 7.30pm, give us your opinions!
Stuart, bkman1990 and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
MR
mr_vivian
Josh posted:

Makes sense to do a preview on opening night.

Launch night should be a statement about what the channel has on offer.

I think they are doing a great job tonight.
BB
BruceBBC
Josh posted:

90 second Bulletin being played out to promote the main show tomorrow night.
:-(
A former member
Simple and so much better that crapnesss...

Right guys here is the 2nd ident at 7.30pm, give us your opinions! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8o-iyhaR3g
Stuart, fanoftv and Brekkie gave kudos
DV
DVB Cornwall
Enjoyed that first 40 mins. Starting on a Sunday, which I doubted, has certainly enabled them to do a shakedown and some specials. Reporting Scotland was full of the channel too, not unexpectedly. It seems that Lord Hall might be in Pacific Quay for this opening tonight too.
HT
HTV Best
If they can produce idents like that for a neiche regional channel how the hell did oneness get commissioned?
JO
Josh
Josh posted:

90 second Bulletin being played out to promote the main show tomorrow night.

Will it be live like the announcements tonight or prerecorded?

Newer posts