TV Home Forum

Eurovision 2015 - 60th Anniversary Edition

19 - 21 - 23 May 2015 - Sweden's Mans Zelmerlow wins with 'Heroes' (March 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TVGBs
rob posted:
I think it's alright. It won't win, but it's better than previous efforts...

Yeah, it's decent enough, as derivative as it is. I think it's a case of "Let's not shame ourselves with another crap tune but also let's not win so we have to host it next year" perhaps? Not a winner but not a shocker either.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
If you watch this mash up you'll never get it out of your head

PT
Put The Telly On
RDJ posted:
I see another Jemini situation happening.

Ah Jemini... true it deserved 'nul' points not only because the song was crud but they sung it in a completely different key on the night because they couldn't hear the backing track! They only managed to pick it up for the last minute or so of the song but by then it was too late. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAJ62IG3gBo

Well at least our entry this year isn't Jemini or Scooch or a downhearted ballad, it's catchy (which can either be a good or terrible thing), it's something new and it's going to create reaction but who knows? If the ratings on the official YouTube video are anything to go by it's nearly completely divided and waffly versatile!
IS
Inspector Sands
But then what sort of song could they choose which gets a mostly positive reaction?

Even when the public voted for the song it didn't happen!
DE
deejay
I think the sinking or swimming of this song will be down to the staging. I don't think it will win, but it'd be great to be on the left hand side of the leaderboard again.
RS
Rob_Schneider
That mashup (pun fully intended) is brilliant.
FA
fanoftv
That waffly versatile version makes is selling the song a lot more for me. Could they not add that in and have a big 'pp' at the start of the performance? Razz
London Lite and alexhduk gave kudos
DA
davidhorman
If Birdseye don't start advertising waffles with a re-recorded jingle that goes:

"Birdseye Potato Waffles, I'm still in love with you"

I'll be sorely disappointed.
TC
TCOTV
I know people are slating this song but this sort of music is kinda popular in Europe right now. So even though we might not like it there could be some method to the madness. Have to say the more I hear it the more it sticks.
VM
VMPhil
I have to say, whilst last year's song was credible, it was far from catchy or memorable. I listened to this year's song once in full and I can already remember it. I think last year's song could be described as dull but worthy.
MF
MatthewFirth
The overall outlook from most fans is this: This song is catchy, and because of a dull year in most areas, the song could place anywhere between lower top-10 and lower top 20. Nobody out of Britain have been saying nul points fully as far as I know.

The fans have also said this would come down to stage performance.
RS
Rob_Schneider
Marketing and promotion is now key to getting this song in the public psyche ahead of the Grand final. The fact someone's taken the time to do a viral parody video is promising.

It just needs the right bit of exposure. Look how Fleur East made Uptown Funk such a runaway hit here.

Newer posts