TV Home Forum

Eurovision 2015 - 60th Anniversary Edition

19 - 21 - 23 May 2015 - Sweden's Mans Zelmerlow wins with 'Heroes' (March 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
To help with the familiarity issue could they not have the final-only nations perform at the semis whilst waiting for votes to come in as a bit of a preview to the big night?

Hopefully they will follow a similar route for an entrant this year. Last years contest overall was very strong one of the strongest for many a year imo. and our song was not the best however it was better than our recent entries.
GO
gottago
The semis are only watched by a fraction of the audience of the final and a lot of countries only show the semi that they're in so I don't really buy the argument that the big 5 need to be represented in them, especially when Germany won it a few years ago.
RS
Rob_Schneider
The production has become significantly influenced by X Factor, especially so the Malmo and Copenhagen shows. The opening sequence of both of them in particular came straight out of the SyCo manual, infact watch the opening of this, and you can just imagine a big Peter Dickson V/O booming over it...

BR
Brekkie
Agree with Gotago that the exposure in the semi-final is only a fraction of the audience for the final and isn't the reason the big 5 don't do well. That said I also think here people aren't tuning in to see the UK Eurovision entrant on the final night, so don't think ratings would be too affected if the UK had to compete at the semi-final stage and then got eliminated.
DV
DVB Cornwall
So the winner of the German Eliminator refused to accept .... the runner up was awarded the ticket to Vienna
Madness.

AG
AxG
Apparently he got over 75% of the votes as well.
BE
Ben Founding member
Calmly dealt with too, imagine if that happened over here...
NG
noggin Founding member
The production has become significantly influenced by X Factor, especially so the Malmo and Copenhagen shows. The opening sequence of both of them in particular came straight out of the SyCo manual, infact watch the opening of this, and you can just imagine a big Peter Dickson V/O booming over it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpS9r_EqSWg

Ironic that you say that, when the Dusseldorf 2011 set was the one designed by Florian Wieder, who does the X Factor studio sets.
RS
Rob_Schneider
So then any leaks on tonight's reveal?
MF
MatthewFirth
Not yet. The rumours are loads, but I'm still not sure since all those who have been rumoured either have lyric videos out or have denied.
DA
davidhorman
Ben posted:
Calmly dealt with too, imagine if that happened over here...

I'm sure Fearne Cotton could have handled it with her usual aplomb.
NG
noggin Founding member
So the winner of the German Eliminator refused to accept .... the runner up was awarded the ticket to Vienna
Madness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr4pRZoN-Lc

Brilliantly handled by the presenters (and presumably the Execs backstage)

Newer posts