TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain - confirmed

Susanna Reid to join revamped ITV breakfast show (March 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DT
DTV
and a 'One Direction exclusive' featuring viewers sending in pictures of themselves/their children with 1D toys, etc, (from ITV GMB website).

I bet the BBC Breakfast Team are getting really worried now!
AS
ASO
and a 'One Direction exclusive' featuring viewers sending in pictures of themselves/their children with 1D toys, etc, (from ITV GMB website).

Glad to see they will be having the morning essentials alongside reports from Ukraine...
TV
TV Archive
I really hope Good Morning Britain will do well. With what I have heard so far I'm sure it will be good!
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Sounds like it will be a busy show then, especially if they have to fit in Andi Peter's Spinning Wheel game, Richard Arnold, Ross King and the ads too...
RO
roxuk
JK08 posted:
You can definately see where they've got their inspiration from. It's just a mash-up of all the US breakfast shows.

A few people have mentioned the set and desk looking like CBS This Morning, which isn't surprising as it was also designed by Jack Morton- http://pdg.jackmorton.com/portfolio/cbs-this-morning.aspx
WW Update and VMPhil gave kudos
BL
bluecortina
I was actually suggesting that ITV hadn't been using it. I knew that Al Jazeera had used it since its upgrade, but I was also aware that they'd left the studio, allowing ITV permanent use, which would also indicate that they'd be reluctant to move it daily.

The studios are marketed by TLS, if 'ITV' (whoever that may be) want to use any of the studios then they have to approach TLS to rent them - they don't have 'carte blanche' to use the studios as they wish even though TLS is a wholly owned subsidiary of ITV Studios, which itself is a wholly owned subsidiary of ITV plc. TLS is a profit centre and is run as a standalone company with it's own board of directors. Al Jazeera left some time ago with intentions to relocate to the Shard which is, I believe, owned by the same person who owns AJ. But as has already been posted, it all went back to Doha, without Gary L.
MD
MDQ1
It actually looks quite like ABCs GMA set too
HA
harshy Founding member
ASO posted:
I'm not sure where your getting your information from.

Wikipedia? I don't think it mentions anything to do with Al Jazeera on the London Studios page.

Al Jazeera Sport have been running out of TLS for years. It's widely known. They built a glass studio behind TLS for their London 2012 coverage.

bluecortina (like quite a few others here) certainly doesn't have to rely on Wikipedia to know what goes on at TLS.

In some cases Al Jazeera need more than one studio I believe (or needed to broadcast whilst their studio was being altered/relocated) - and in the past used the original Daybreak studio and set. (Do many people know Gary Lineker also works for Al Jazeera Sport?)
http://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/the-sport-thread-19435/page-427

My screen grabs from that night I was watching on 10e, thanks noggin for the reminder and Ste for posting them Smile

Gary Lineker has been replaced by Richard Keys.
MF
MatthewFirth
This is TODAY, I mean Good Morning Britain.....

It looks American!
MA
mark Founding member
JK08 posted:
You can definately see where they've got their inspiration from. It's just a mash-up of all the US breakfast shows.

That's a fantastic comparison that really shows the extent to which they've looked to the US for inspiration, and I couldn't be happier that they've done that. What's the top left one, out of interest?
CA
Cando
DTV posted:

Patrick Kielty is Tuesday's studio guest, I'm not making it up!
Sounds like it will be a busy show then, especially if they have to fit in Andi Peter's Spinning Wheel game, Richard Arnold, Ross King and the ads too...

+ snoring. Such a newsy agenda.
JO
Joshua
Cando posted:
DTV posted:

Patrick Kielty is Tuesday's studio guest, I'm not making it up!

+ snoring. Such a newsy agenda.

To be honest, you'd see somebody like Patrick Kielty on BBC Breakfast. Lets hope that these types of guests are on from 8-8:30am, though. The last half hour should be for this kind of thing I think.

Richard Arnold has confirmed on Twitter he'll be on-air at 6:50 and 7:50, which isn't too bad.

Newer posts