TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain - confirmed

Susanna Reid to join revamped ITV breakfast show (March 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
More memories. That set may be very 90's, but it was homely with a faded yellow rather than a garish one that we've had of late.
DK
DanielK

Always reminds me of the run up to the Christmas holidays every school morning. Brilliant.
WH
Whataday Founding member

Always reminds me of the run up to the Christmas holidays every school morning. Brilliant.

That'll be this one (40s in)

VM
VMPhil
Of course GMTV continued to use the Christmas version of the old theme tune long after it had stopped using it regularly, right up until 2008 (example from 2006):

DK
DanielK
Don't remember that far back, the music from the first video was used later for Christmas.
ST
Stedixon

That version of the tune is too bang bang bang for my liking, especially first thing in the morning, sorry.
WH
Whataday Founding member

That version of the tune is too bang bang bang for my liking, especially first thing in the morning, sorry.

Wouldn't you say that's what people need when they're getting up in the morning? Something fresh and sharp to keep you alert?
PC
PCarter1998
Kate Garraway is staying with ITV Breakfast!

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.813&article=128998
GM
gmb2014

I wonder if she'll revert to her 'Entertainment Editor' position? Anybody but Richard Arnold.
JO
Jon
Anybody but Richard Arnold.

Agreed on Arnold. But I don't think Garraway would be right for the job, I'd suggest Kate Adie might just about be of the right calibre.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Jon posted:
Anybody but Richard Arnold.

Agreed on Arnold. But I don't think Garraway would be right for the job, I'd suggest Kate Adie might just about be of the right calibre.

Kate Adie is all but retired from television work. She's more likely to appear on radio these days, so I think it's unlikely to be her. I know this is perhaps an odd opinion, but what about Peter Sissons? Or Sue Lawley? They both have gravitas.
Jon and Three Lefts Do gave kudos
BA
bazinga
I may have been the only one, but I thought Steve hargrave was good at entertainment correspondent.

Newer posts