The Newsroom

5 News

5 News relaunch (June 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
Either that or on wheels or something so it could be easily gotten out of the way (the whole 'podium' thing's gone).

Doesn't seem to look too difficult actually the raised plinth with the OKTV! sofa may not need to move much at all

There was a shot yesterday I believe at the start of OK!TV showing to the left of their set, there appeared to be part of the set starting, as though they share the studio, but there are two similar sets, one for OK!TV taking up most of the studio from one corner & a news one to the left of that.

If you look at the furthest left big screen on the OK!TV set, there are no smaller screens immediately to the right & left of it.
LO
LONDON
Either that or on wheels or something so it could be easily gotten out of the way (the whole 'podium' thing's gone).

Doesn't seem to look too difficult actually the raised plinth with the OKTV! sofa may not need to move much at all

There was a shot yesterday I believe at the start of OK!TV showing to the left of their set, there appeared to be part of the set starting, as though they share the studio, but there are two similar sets, one for OK!TV taking up most of the studio from one corner & a news one to the left of that.

If you look at the furthest left big screen on the OK!TV set, there are no smaller screens immediately to the right & left of it.

I think there is only one set, the smaller screens are there, they are bordered in red and show a red image similar to the background so they blend in.
BA
Badger264
sorry if I'm stating the obvious but it's the same set, but 5 News uses the left and OKTV the right. I imagine its so if for whatever reason they can't clear the OKTV set, then they can just adapt the shot to disguise any clearing work going on. I'd be interested to know how far round the set goes. Are they still in the same studio as pre-Natasha Kaplinsky? (the massive orange studio)
WA
watchingtv
sorry if I'm stating the obvious but it's the same set, but 5 News uses the left and OKTV the right. I imagine its so if for whatever reason they can't clear the OKTV set, then they can just adapt the shot to disguise any clearing work going on. I'd be interested to know how far round the set goes. Are they still in the same studio as pre-Natasha Kaplinsky? (the massive orange studio)

You mean http://lh5.ggpht.com/_nQFmn_mFddU/R4fBb2HCbeI/AAAAAAAATFQ/XOHkbYThpkA/KG-071221-1.jpg
http://youtu.be/gESlS3rPEJ4 The start of the Sky News contract with Kirsty Young
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pTBcBKFDSo even for a news update they made the effort for a wide shot.
I could go on posting these...

A really good multi purpose studio. I liked the shots from the balcony. But it had the sofa for good interviews. I am gutted I never really got to watch the 11.30 bulletin weekdays.
FA
fanoftv
[quote="LONDON" pid="697413"]

I think there is only one set, the smaller screens are there, they are bordered in red and show a red image similar to the background so they blend in.

On closer inspection is does appear so. My apologies, maybe they have a mirror on the edge of the set which just reflected this on the angle that I saw. also what is the point of those tiny screens anyway, too many screens on the set not really showing anything.
As for the original sky era of five news, that set was brilliant, different angles for updates, the sofa for interviews and the big screen for live's. The use of the height in that studio was utilised through that set. It's a shame that the future sets have not done this.
BA
Badger264
Yes, that's the set I meant. On that picture you can tell it fits into the same studio (although not from memory!). It's A shame they'ved ditched something like that in favour for what is essentially a backdrop.
CC
Cross Channel
Are they still in the same studio as pre-Natasha Kaplinsky? (the massive orange studio)

Yes it's the same studio from when the new news centre was built in 04/05. Same for Kirsty, Natasha, Live From Studio Five and now Matt and OK!TV
KI
kitt22

You mean http://lh5.ggpht.com/_nQFmn_mFddU/R4fBb2HCbeI/AAAAAAAATFQ/XOHkbYThpkA/KG-071221-1.jpg
http://youtu.be/gESlS3rPEJ4 The start of the Sky News contract with Kirsty Young
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pTBcBKFDSo even for a news update they made the effort for a wide shot.
I could go on posting these...

A really good multi purpose studio. I liked the shots from the balcony. But it had the sofa for good interviews. I am gutted I never really got to watch the 11.30 bulletin weekdays.

What a great bloody set! Especially compared to the current one!

Is it just me or is the current package of titles, music, astons (in particular) and set a major backward step when you look at the clips above?
LR
Lost The Remote
Is OK! TV prerecorded?
MA
Magoo
Is OK! TV prerecorded?

Not sure if it all is but large segments certainly are.
CC
Cross Channel
Is OK! TV prerecorded?

Yes

11 days later

WA
watchingtv
Haven't been able to watch for over a week, noticed a large 5 piece of set similar to the glass FIVE News and 5 News but on a much larger scale, when the 5pm programme closed today. Doesn't to me give the same effect.

Newer posts