The Newsroom

5 News

5 News relaunch (June 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Joshua
That looks..interesting. It looks far to small and boring really..no plasmas, very cluttered.

The old five news studio would have been great for both shows I think.
NG
noggin Founding member

I hope they haven't got their Wrights mixed up - I thought it was going to be Matthew Wright?

I thought it was Matthew Wright - but it's Ian... Can't imagine it will be covering entirely the same territory as The One Show - I suspect it will be mainly topical chat and light current affairs, rather than the more varied mix on the BBC One show (which goes from quite serious factual to some quite silly stuff), though it might be more news reactive? Wonder if all three hosts will be in the studio every day.

Also interesting that they're going for a desk.
HO
House
The set looks horrible. And I agree it is strange they've gone for a desk, you would have thought TOS style set would be more suitable.

That set looks awful. Frankly, absolutely awful.

Also the three of them sat their like that will look a bit silly I think - if they're meant to be discussing things would it not be better to have them sat facing each other?

Looks way too small and garish.

More nails in the coffin really before its even begun.

Oh and judging by there being 3 chairs there I'm guessing the plan is all three will present at the same time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go on with just the two of them should one not make it in.
:-(
A former member
I think it looks really good, personally. Not sure about anyone else but I'm reckoning it's going to be more like Loose Women than The One Show. From the look of the studio and the promos, it's going to be pretty upbeat as well. I think it looks promising so far, you all need to stop being so bleeding negative!
SC
scott5
Anyone watch Five News tonight? - They've refreshed the studio - looks more darker and bluey now, the desk has gone, black floor, could possibly be a bit smaller, but it's better and more modern that what it was!!

The Live from Studio Five looks horrible - and so does the programme. I hope Five News at 7 makes a return next year.
CC
Cross Channel
Anyone watch Five News tonight? - They've refreshed the studio - looks more darker and bluey now, the desk has gone, black floor, could possibly be a bit smaller, but it's better and more modern that what it was!!

The Live from Studio Five looks horrible - and so does the programme. I hope Five News at 7 makes a return next year.

Five News is in front of the Live From...set

The new show will be like marmite I'm told - expect to love it and some of the new things its trying or expect to really HATE it. It is nothing like TOS I can't stress that enough.
AB
ashley b Founding member
Five News is in front of the Live From...set

When you said this, for some reason I didn't imagine it to be actually in front of (it's effectively on top of) the set, as you can see from this picture: http://www.thisisfive.co.uk/images2009/news/news2009.jpg
JA
james
I like the LFSF Straps . Simple but effective
RO
rob Founding member
and... off.

Lasted about 40 seconds. Is this what'll get the viewers watching. What a pile of ****.
HO
House
Constant screaming from the women. Shouting from 'Wrighty'.

Also they all keep talking at the same time, which means you can't actually here them.

In no possible way is this linked to 'the news'.

I seriously feel sorry for Natasha - despite her big pay check surely her profile has shrunk since disappearing from the BBC.

Shocked
LL
London Lite Founding member
I saw the three presenters of Live from Studio Five on 5 News at 5pm chatting over each other.

6.33pm All three presenters chat all over each other AGAIN! Is this what tv is about in 2009?
JO
Joshua
Now the floormanagers getting involved.

Its certainly based on 'Fox & Friends' though, and I don't know.. its not bad. It's a tacky topical show.

Still on the set though, I'm sure the actual studio is bigger than that - the five news set in 2005 was HUGE and much taller than these tiny sets were seeing at the moment.

Newer posts