The Newsroom

5 News

5 News relaunch (June 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DF
DrewF
Five News at 7 has returned.

Looked like it was coming from a green screen though... Confused

I imagine because they don't have enough time to swap sets from Live At Studio Five to the Five News studio, as they share the same studio.
BB
bbcfan2014
Yes. I was surprised to hear Julian Druker mention it on one of the weekend bulletins
SC
scott5
woah posted:

I imagine because they don't have enough time to swap sets from Live At Studio Five to the Five News studio, as they share the same studio.

It's a shame they have to use the same set... Hope they do something so it's not always filmed using a green screen!
LO
LONDON
woah posted:

It's a shame they have to use the same set... Hope they do something so it's not always filmed using a green screen!

I think they had relatively short notice about five news at 7 being reinstated and Live from Studio Five being curtailed. It was only muted just over a week ago. I imagine that if they do decide to keep it like this there would be a relaunch a few months down the line to create a more flexible set, which could see them doing a quick swap during the break. Aren't the presenting team for Live at Studio Five being reviewed? Natasha will be back in a few months time as well, so this could be a tempoary arrangement until then.
LI
Lightoftruth
I bet that little 15 mins bulletin will get more viewer's then LFSF without even trying. LFSF is that rubbish Wink
GI
ginofish
I bet that little 15 mins bulletin will get more viewer's then LFSF without even trying. LFSF is that rubbish Wink

It’s on for the full time tonight 30 mins which is the way it should be.

I remember when they made five news at 7 there equivalent to the flagship news at 10. Matt / Isla standing up then sitting at another end of the sofa , showbiz interviews more detailed reports it was all good and getting the viewers.

I Don't think Natasha needs to come back Matt is a lot better in my view he is professional , experienced , well liked and is doing a good job . Natasha has become to unreliable not working Fridays, two maternity leaves, pulling out of the five news at 7 programme and has not brought as many viewers in as Matt has.

In the sky news studio they have the shoebox are which is not getting used at 7pm why can’t the use that.

I Agree with the many who say that LFSF Is rubbish it is just an embarrassment to be called a news programme a remember before it started the first Idea was Five and friends modelled of a FOX Equivalent With Mathew Wright one of the planned presenters alongside either Isla or Natasha and then they decided to ditch the idea for this programme.

What five also needs is a dedicated Economics Editor/Reporter in my view Mark Eddo would be perfect and also a Sports Reporter maybe Katie Burley (ex setanta sports news).

Five news still remains a quality programme and with matt at the helm it will.
JO
Joe
it was all good and getting the viewers.

Errr.... really? Why did they change it then?

I Don't think Natasha needs to come back Matt is a lot better in my view he is professional , experienced , well liked and is doing a good job . Natasha has become to unreliable not working Fridays, two maternity leaves, pulling out of the five news at 7 programme and has not brought as many viewers in as Matt has.

It's lovely of you to give such a frank assessment of someone you don't know and their 'reliability'. I look forward to your review of Huw Edwards.

In the sky news studio they have the shoebox are which is not getting used at 7pm why can’t the use that.

Because they can use green screen and no-one will notice, rather than having two different channel beings produced metres from each other.
NE
newswatcher
woah posted:

I think they had relatively short notice about five news at 7 being reinstated and Live from Studio Five being curtailed. It was only muted just over a week ago. I imagine that if they do decide to keep it like this there would be a relaunch a few months down the line to create a more flexible set, which could see them doing a quick swap during the break. Aren't the presenting team for Live at Studio Five being reviewed? Natasha will be back in a few months time as well, so this could be a tempoary arrangement until then.

it was 'muted" (sic) more than a month ago. It has nothing to do with Richard Desmond taking over.
GI
ginofish
it was all good and getting the viewers.

Errr.... really? Why did they change it then?

It's lovely of you to give such a frank assessment of someone you don't know and their 'reliability'. I look forward to your review of Huw Edwards.

Because they can use green screen and no-one will notice, rather than having two different channel beings produced metres from each other.

What Changed ? they made this poor little programme called live from studio five.

I Assess her reliabilty because of the mass amount she is payed for not doing what she is getting payed to do. my assessment of Huw Edwards is a well experienced and dedicated presenter who is talented and presents BBC News and the politics specials in a ver goodway . Matt Barbet is better than Natasha Im not sayin she should go give her the 5 and Matt the 7 but make him Main Presenter .

And judging by the reaction on five under new .. forum and this one people have noticed .
JO
Joe
What Changed ? they made this poor little programme called live from studio five.

No - why , not what. I'm perfectly aware that Live From Studio Five exists.

I Assess her reliabilty because of the mass amount she is payed for not doing what she is getting payed to do.

She's allowed to have babies. IMO, that is perfectly acceptable.

my assessment of Huw Edwards...

I don't care, I was being sarcastic.
GI
ginofish

No - why , not what. I'm perfectly aware that Live From Studio Five exists.

I Assess her reliabilty because of the mass amount she is payed for not doing what she is getting payed to do.

my assessment of Huw Edwards...

I don't care, I was being sarcastic.

yes but to have that amount of money and then when she comes back cut her hours is not acceptable .

and the reason the ratings changed was to do with a change in programme.
BR
Brekkie

yes but to have that amount of money and then when she comes back cut her hours is not acceptable .

and the reason the ratings changed was to do with a change in programme.

New mothers often return to work part time - nothing unacceptable about that. I'd imagine her salary has been cut accordingly, and if it hasn't, that's Sky/Five's fault, not Natasha's.

Newer posts