TV Home Forum

BBC South East/BBC London

(June 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DY
DaveYorks
I was just wondering whether anyone knows exactly when the region currently known as BBC South East splits into BBC South East and BBC London?! When and where will we be able to see captures of the balloons and the titles of South East Today and London Live?
JO
johnny
I didn't know of this but I think it's about time London did get its own region afterall most of Newsroom South East is London News Anyway
NS
NickyS Founding member
This last I heard it was going to be at least 6 weeks before South East Today launches ... software problems with the kit.
You can sometimes see the studio when they do lives on Newsroom South East from Tunbridge Wells.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Asa said a while ago he has people lined up in the wings for capturing the London Live opening titles, stings end titles and South East Today opening, stings and closking titles, so I would presume they will appear of TV Home when they launch!
AL
alekf
When I was in London and when I lived in Belgium (I got BBC One - Southeast) I was really rather shocked that almost ALL the news on NRSE was London news. I felt bad for those poor 'South East' people who never knew what was happening in their region!
RW
RW
alekf posted:
When I was in London and when I lived in Belgium (I got BBC One - Southeast) I was really rather shocked that almost ALL the news on NRSE was London news.  I felt bad for those poor 'South East' people who never knew what was happening in their region!

I know, I'm used to it! I live in Surrey and we're lucky to get one mention per month! Even worse, we're going to be stuck with London Live.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
I can't wait for it to launch. We should have then:

London Live Opening Titles
London Live Sting
London Live End
South East Today Opening Titles
South East Today Sting
South East Today End

Can't wait!!
AS
Asa Admin
Wonder what the chances are of me nipping down to Tonbridge Wells, popping into their HQ and asking politely for the titles. Erm, maybe not! Smile

Cheers, Asa

Newer posts