TV Home Forum

BBC NEWS HEADING FOR TROUBLE

(April 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
Davidjb Founding member
Absolutly right harshy. Why should others see the british licence payers channels at our expence
BB
BBCnewsemployee
I agree that it's unfair that its free over the internet, but on one slightly positive note, it has been reported that the BBC is to screen IP addresses so that BBC Online / News Online will have adverts / be restricted outside the UK.
CA
cat
Sorry for the late reply, I had no idea you were talking about me.
And actually, the majority of you are BBC lovers, and news24 lovers at that, hence I see peoples signatures saying 'Sky News you are the weakest link' and also people saying 'NEws24 must be best look at all the awards'
I have to tell you, from Nov 1997, Sky has won more awards than News24 has!
And that was your main argument! that the BBC was more authorative and you did not want passion driven news etc.
And you didn't care about breaking news was another of the arguements.
and I found the Sky News trailer very funny Asa, don't read that deeply into it, it was supposed to be a joke.
And hey, what is wrong with being right? It is better than the crappy 'Breaking the News' trailers they put on News24, which look like they were put together during a lunch break, at least Sky have put a little effort into it!
DA
Davidjb Founding member
cheshirec i think you'll just have to accept that most people on this website favour news 24 more than sky news.
MA
Martin Founding member
cheshirec posted:
The majority of you are BBC lovers, and BBC News 24 lovers at that, hence I see peoples signatures saying 'Sky News you are the weakest link' and also people saying 'NEws24 must be best look at all the awards'
I have to tell you, from Nov 1997, Sky has won more awards than News24 has!

cheshirec

I think your going to have to come to terms that most of us here are in favour of the BBC and especially BBC News 24 no matter how many awards Sky has recieved or who broke the story first we will still prefer BBC News compared to Sky News.
CA
cat
I know, you all told me this about 4 days ago, why drag things up from the grave, just to start an arguement?

Newer posts