The Gallery

BBC London News 2005-2008 Sting Remake

Title Says it all (December 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Ballyboy
Hi Guys Hope your good. I wanted to test my decoding skills on After Effects so i thought i'd make the BBC London short titles / Sting from 2005-2008. My First Mock all by myself and not using any folders

All Feedback Welcome

DB
dbl

It's okay, but its not quite right.

- BBC and London needs centring and to be aligned properly, use the tools in AE to help you with that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nEbXNSu6Eg
- The slogan is a tad too big and needs more space between the wording, i.e. ON TV [space space] ON RADIO
- Deeper tone of red
BA
Ballyboy
Thank you so much mate I’ll watch the video now and jot the rest down

What size should the text be and how deep should it be
DB
dbl
Thank you so much mate I’ll watch the video now and jot the rest down

What size should the text be and how deep should it be

What I would do is use the colour picker tool to get a approximate. It's worth using a screengrab of the titles to set the transparency to a low level and then you can overlay it as a bed to figure out what adjustments you need to make for the text size
IT
Ittr
Rated 1 star (for the time being) because I can't actually see the video or a mock Confused
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Hi Guys Hope your good. I wanted to test my decoding skills on After Effects so i thought i'd make the BBC London short titles / Sting from 2005-2008. My First Mock all by myself and not using any folders

All Feedback Welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnNFDAkN4eA

Video no longer available
JO
Josh
Looks like you've deleted the video.
rfr1, Ittr and Ballyboy gave kudos
BA
Ballyboy
I did. I wanted to do it from scratch and to take the advice from dbl and do it again
MW
Mike W
Leave the originals here for us to compare. It's annoying to see dead links!

How can you show development of an idea if you delete it when people offer constructive feedback?
BA
Ballyboy
I want to start afresh and take my time. I’m gonna attempt the full sequence. turn my vids into black and white. the decoding and transmission rings. Then when 1000% ready. I’ll upload it
Last edited by Ballyboy on 30 December 2020 2:03pm
RF
rfr1
The amount of times you’ve put up a new thread for a mock, had criticism, then you’ve deleted the video is dizzying. I’d be willing to wager you will in all likelihood drop this project too in favour of something else — moral of the story is what Mike W said, please leave the originals up so we can see what you’ve done and the development of it!

At any rate, if you’re attempting the “transmission rings” sequence, that was the 2001-2005 sequence in London (2004-2007/08 for other shows like North West Tonight and Look North) and it’s also quite easy to recreate in Premiere Pro.

Newer posts