TV Home Forum

BBC 4 new ident

(May 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
NOT NEW but it's hidden in plain slight and went under the radar but this a missing gem, thanks ashley b!

70 days later

A former member
Just found a full length copy of the above and the others in the set here (and a version of Library with a different soundtrack)

86 days later

A former member
That is a very nice new xmas ident.
A former member
I notice the stylised snowflake-O has been dropped by Four this year.
AR
Argybargy

Indeed, BBC Four have dropped it. Whereas BBC Two have kept it.

There's even a stylised snowflake O on the BBC One logo on its respective Facebook and Twitter pages. A little puzzling, as there's no sign of this in any of their festive on-screen branding. Then again, branding consistency at the BBC has not been their strong point of late.
KU
Kunst
Either have the snowflake in the "O" for both channels or just do not have them one at all..
MR
mr_vivian

There's even a stylised snowflake O on the BBC One logo on its respective Facebook and Twitter pages. A little puzzling, as there's no sign of this in any of their festive on-screen branding. Then again, branding consistency at the BBC has not been their strong point of late.

I don't like the snowflake. It looks a bit tacky.
A former member
Will this be the first Christmas since it was introduced in 2005 without BBC Four's Ice ident? I hope not.

TO
tomo359

If you look through the profile pictures folder on their Facebook page, you'll see they always use edited logos for various events, major programmes etc, some of them look incredible and you could imagine them used in rebrands.... but I think we know that won't happen.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/BBCOne/photos/?tab=album&album_id=470911579595932
A former member

On the BBC One logo? No surprise - it's eight-pointed :/
MR
mr_vivian

On the BBC One logo? No surprise - it's eight-pointed :/

On all of the logos. It's OK as a 1 off but that's it.

Newer posts