The Gallery

BBC News Mock 1999-2004

My mock of the BBC News Titles from 1999 (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Hello Everyone. I've made a mock of the BBC News titles from 1999. Apologies for the picture messup on some bits.
Last edited by AlexEdohHD13 on 15 March 2017 2:25pm
MY
MY83
Basics are there but it's a bit flat and lifeless. Keep at it. Also tone the background down a wee bit -- less yellow, more cream/ivory.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
MY83 posted:
Basics are there but it's a bit flat and lifeless. Keep at it. Also tone the background down a wee bit -- less yellow, more cream/ivory.

I deliberately made it a cream-yellow gradient. It's not an exact recreation.
MF
MatthewFirth
This looks like step one of a long procedure........
MY
MY83
It's not an exact recreation.

Then why bother in the first place? It looks like you've spilled custard all over the screen and not cleaned it.
Rory and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
TM
tmorgan96
MY83 posted:

Then why bother in the first place? It looks like you've spilled custard all over the screen and not cleaned it.

Because he took pride in doing it anyways? Just because it isn't an exact replica of the original, does not mean it's not a good effort. I swear this forum has ridiculously high standards for mocks. Saying someone's effort was akin to "spilling custard on the screen"... grow up dude.

I'm guessing you were going for a 2D look with that Alex? It could use some work, but the basic premise is there Smile 3/5
AE
AlexEdohHD13
MY83 posted:

Because he took pride in doing it anyways? Just because it isn't an exact replica of the original, does not mean it's not a good effort. I swear this forum has ridiculously high standards for mocks. Saying someone's effort was akin to "spilling custard on the screen"... grow up dude.

I'm guessing you were going for a 2D look with that Alex? It could use some work, but the basic premise is there Smile 3/5

Yeah, I was also using 3D globes.

Newer posts