TV Home Forum

The Nightly Show

8 weeks trail with ITV temporarily moving the NAT (September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
Why can't davina stay on topic

There's barely enough time to do a proper segment, that's the problem with this show. 23 mins without adverts isn't enough, needs to be 40 mins at least!
DW
DavidWhitfield
Seem to be the only one who thinks this is the worst it's been yet. Don't see the point in the DJ or the radio show style 'so why did you choose that track?' questions when a new guest comes out, and it seems to me that Davina is a lot more interested in showing off than actually hearing what her guests have to say. I'll keep watching throughout the week and see if I warm to it but I'm not keen based on tonight's offering.
FA
fanoftv
I thought it felt improved with a good host in Davina. She definitely had the energy needed. I do wish they'd revert to the standing monologue and then use the opening titles. That part of the format was something I felt that they got right in the first week along with the topical comedy sketches rather than just reenacting music videos. The pace seemed better as did the choice of guests. I don't think they used Fat Tony as well as they could have done. Especially to interact with at the top of the show. I do agree that the length of the programme doesn't do it justice, the edits tonight were very tight too, they could have edited the top of the A List ads feature.
DJ
DJGM

Conan getting only 500,000 viewers might have something to do with the fact his show is only broadcast
on basic cable channel TBS in the States, rather than any of the main USTV networks.

True, though I'm sure I remember the TBS show getting a million plus viewers at one point.

Though that might have been when he started.

Err, what gives?!? The comment partially quoted above by Mr-Stabby was originally posted by me, not by fanoftv!
BA
Barney
Seem to be the only one who thinks this is the worst it's been yet. Don't see the point in the DJ or the radio show style 'so why did you choose that track?' questions when a new guest comes out, and it seems to me that Davina is a lot more interested in showing off than actually hearing what her guests have to say. I'll keep watching throughout the week and see if I warm to it but I'm not keen based on tonight's offering.

I agree with David, with Davina being host, it's the worst it's been, well at least they haven't had Stephen Mulhern, now that would be terrible , wouldn't it.
BS
Ben Shatliff
10pm and ITV still bleep swear words! What was the point of that bit if they bleep it?

Why did Davina have to swear anyway? No need for it.
MA
Markymark
10pm and ITV still bleep swear words! What was the point of that bit if they bleep it?

I thought the programme was live ? Or is it time delayed by a minute or so ?

Anyway, I saw Davina Sunday evening on that god-awful 'The Jump' programme 24 hours earlier,
so presumably she flew back from Austria yesterday morning, and straight to the studio !?
SW
Steve Williams
I thought the programme was live ? Or is it time delayed by a minute or so ?

No, it's recorded earlier in the evening.
:-(
A former member
My understanding is that it's recorded at 6pm.
DB
dbl
1.7 million for last night's episode.
LL
Larry the Loafer

Not only was it a reference to her Big Brother catchphrase, but it's a nod to her caricature on Bo' Selecta who insists her interviewees "don't say f**k or bugger" which is what I'm sure she said. So it wasn't completely unjustified.
BL
bluecortina
dbl posted:
Why are ITV bleeping swear words, it's 10pm FFS!

Because the 10pm watershed is not a 'switch point' from no swearing to swearing. It's still a progressive process.
Last edited by bluecortina on 14 March 2017 1:58pm

Newer posts