The Newsroom

Five News from ITN

Now Three Years back with ITN (November 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
ITNs finance or another company?
CH
chris

ITN's finance department.
:-(
A former member
I'm not sure it's as simple as 5 News just moving into the ITN building. Presumably the current contract they have with them is one of content provision and production, not studio space. I'm not saying a deal hasn't been done, but there is far more to it than just slotting 5 News into a vacant studio - certainly not without Channel 5 increasing how much they are paying ITN.
BR
Brekkie
I take it there isn't space for them in Camden then.
BU
buster
chris posted:
When 5 News launched in 1997, ITN created a newsroom, studio and control room alongside the atrium on the ground floor. This was known as Studio 5 / PCR5. Looking at the building from the street outside, 5 News was along the front of the building on the ground floor, just to the right of the entrance:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00209/95679922_ITN_209910c.jpg

Now home to finance offices.

Later became home to Big Game TV, then offices for a bit, then Setanta Sports News, now back to offices again as you say. You can quite clearly make out the shape of the original 5 News newsroom though and last time I looked there were even still some remains of the lighting rid (with nothing attached to it) in the far left area that was home to the studio once they abandoned the newsroom look around the turn of the century.

49 days later

LL
London Lite Founding member
I'm confused to when 5 News is on this Tuesday.

The C5 website claims that bulletins are at 6pm and 7.30pm, while the Freeview EPG has it on at 4 and 5.30pm.
BR
Brekkie
Split the difference.
PE
peterh
Shouldn't it be 5 and 630 as its a normal day
LL
London Lite Founding member
The rest of the week the EPG has the bulletins at the correct time.

14 days later

IT
itsrobert Founding member
chris posted:

Just to add fuel to the fire.....

Finance (and HR) have recently vacated their atrium-side spaces at GIR.....in the case of Finance this now means 5 News's old 1997-2004 space is vacant!

#justsaying
CH
chris
chris posted:

Just to add fuel to the fire.....

Finance (and HR) have recently vacated their atrium-side spaces at GIR.....in the case of Finance this now means 5 News's old 1997-2004 space is vacant!

#justsaying

I wonder who could be moving in....?
bilky asko and itsrobert gave kudos
AC
aconnell
Oh yes, I noticed the empty office on Friday...

Newer posts