The Newsroom

Five News from ITN

Now Three Years back with ITN (November 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BB
bbcfan2014
I thought the evening bulletins were pre-recorded close to transmission? In any case, the bulletin in question wasn't Chloe's fault and she handled it well under those circumstances.

They used to be towards the latter end of the Sky contract (nothing to do with Sky and more to do with the cheapness of Desmond), at ITN they are live but done on the CHEAP!

Wrong. Sky News decided to start pre-recording them more than a year before Richard Desmond took over. They're now all live at ITN and no more done 'on the cheap' than the BBC's update at 8pm. In fact ITN clearly spend a lot more on them as many of the Sky-produced updates were done against a dodgy 'green screen'.
CC
Cross Channel
I thought the evening bulletins were pre-recorded close to transmission? In any case, the bulletin in question wasn't Chloe's fault and she handled it well under those circumstances.

They used to be towards the latter end of the Sky contract (nothing to do with Sky and more to do with the cheapness of Desmond), at ITN they are live but done on the CHEAP!

Wrong. Sky News decided to start pre-recording them more than a year before Richard Desmond took over. They're now all live at ITN and no more done 'on the cheap' than the BBC's update at 8pm. In fact ITN clearly spend a lot more on them as many of the Sky-produced updates were done against a dodgy 'green screen'.

Wrong. Sky News DIDN'T decided to pre-record them, they were forced to by the network slashing their budget.

Correct. The pre-recording started before Desmond took over.

Wrong. Weekday lunchtime and evening updates were produced with a full crew including a jimmy jib and a floor manager. (From Feb 2011)

Correct. The weekends were truly 'on the cheap'.

Wrong. The green screen was no more dodgy than the current awful 5 news offering as it was often not a green screen it was a large plasma situated in the Sky News mezz with a graphic background fed in to it.
Last edited by Cross Channel on 1 July 2012 10:05am - 2 times in total
LR
Lost The Remote
I think the current news updates are just fine. They get across the key news of the day adequately. All news updates must be done quite cheaply as there is no real depth to the reporting, they just provide an overview. The general populace won't give two hoots about how many crew are working on them as long as it doesn't effect the quality of the broadcast.

20 days later

WA
watchingtv
Matt Barbett ribbing Boris Johnson on his haircut for the Olympics
See it again at 7:30 on channel 5+1

Does anyone know why the quality is terrible poor on Channel 5 than HD it should not be so bad. But the OB seem very off?

EDIT: Al Stewart due to appear on Channel 5 News at 6:30 shortly

And this happened again

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9446/1342806308365.jpg
DK
DanielK
Today is Matt's last day at 5, can someone record the ending as we don't get 5 here?
GM
Gary McEwan
Today is Matt's last day at 5, can someone record the ending as we don't get 5 here?

You must get Channel 5, as STV North and STV Central has now switched over to Digital....
DK
DanielK
I'm not the UK at the moment, so we have BBC One and Two London, World News, ITV1 Border, CBBC and Cbeebies. Then Cbeebies switched to BBC4 and CBBC cuts off at 7 and they don't let 3 come on.
GO
gottago
I'm not the UK at the moment, so we have BBC One and Two London, World News, ITV1 Border, CBBC and Cbeebies. Then Cbeebies switched to BBC4 and CBBC cuts off at 7 and they don't let 3 come on.

Where on earth are you?! ITV1 Border abroad?!
VM
VMPhil

It isnt suprising, when I was in Spain once, we received Channel Television.
DK
DanielK
Sacoma, Majorca! Unfortunately I'm unwell, so I've been stuck in the room for a while with this TV. Must say between the 1.30 News and Tipping Point, TV is sooo boring!
GO
gottago

It isnt suprising, when I was in Spain once, we received Channel Television.

That is surprising.
JO
Jon
TV is sooo boring!

Perhaps you'll be rethinking your membership of a TV presentation based forum then?

Newer posts