TV Home Forum

GMTV's Regional Blunders

Talk about regional business here. Please don't tell me off for making this thread i know gmtv threa (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SL
slrkn77
I'll start with three:

1. Emma in Anglia looks at herself in the mirror before realizing she's on air.

2. Yvonne in Anglia is caught turning on her mic and fiddling with her bra.

3. Sally in Anglia was turned on correctly however she was knocked off 10 seconds after she is on air.

Notice they're all...
Anglia? What a card!
weird?

P.S. I'm only new so please PLEASE reply! thanks a bunch! Very Happy
Last edited by slrkn77 on 19 July 2010 6:48pm
MW
Mike W
I'll start with three:

1. Emma in Anglia looks at herself in the mirror before realizing she's on air.

2. Yvonne in Anglia is caught turning on her mic and fiddling with her bra.

3. Sally in Anglia was turned on correctly however she was knocked off 10 seconds after she is on air.

Notice they're all...
Anglia? What a card!
weird?

P.S. I'm only new so please PLEASE reply! thanks a bunch! Very Happy

Well the general way GMTV works is if the STC regions are not opted in that means most places below Central (excluding Anglia) are knocked off and not going to appear. If it happens in one region it's more than likely to happen in all others and vice versa for NTC regions (Central to Border and Wales)

Central's way of avoiding crashing back to GMTV's holding slide is a simple one. They have a GMTV Caption with "GMTV Continues Shortly" on it. Should anything happen with their local systems they just throw that to air and try and get the news reader to give a message like "We apologise for the loss of programming, GMTV continues with XXX and YYY in just a moment" whilst playing the 1993 music.
DA
David
Central's way of avoiding crashing back to GMTV's holding slide is a simple one. They have a GMTV Caption with "GMTV Continues Shortly" on it.

Doesn't the holding slide look exactly as you describe anyway?
MW
Mike W
David posted:
Central's way of avoiding crashing back to GMTV's holding slide is a simple one. They have a GMTV Caption with "GMTV Continues Shortly" on it.

It actually doesn't. It's hard to describe it but it's not the same.
WA
watchingtv
David posted:

Are you referring to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKWSZGogRMs ?
MW
Mike W
David posted:

Are you referring to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKWSZGogRMs ?

No. This one I'm on about has no thought in it at all. It's GMTV's logo with "CONTINUES SHORTLY" in ITV Medium on top. It doesn't animate and they use the full titles track and not the holding track.
SL
slrkn77
[quote="Michael W" It's GMTV's logo with "CONTINUES SHORTLY" in ITV Medium on top. It doesn't animate and they use the full titles track and not the holding track.[/quote]

That's the name of the ITV font! Where can you find it?
MW
Mike W
Michael W posted:
It's GMTV's logo with "CONTINUES SHORTLY" in ITV Medium on top. It doesn't animate and they use the full titles track and not the holding track.

That's the name of the ITV font! Where can you find it?

The ITV font is called "ITV", in 4 weights; Regular, Bold, Medium and Light. It's only available within ITV (Although others have got it now). It can't be distributed here as it's a custom font for ITV and the foundries (font libraries) get annoyed if it's publicly available. It was designed by Fontsmith for ITV.
SL
slrkn77
OK then, Michael. Would you know any similar fonts to it except Calibri (free aswell!)
MW
Mike W
OK then, Michael. Would you know any similar fonts to it except Calibri (free aswell!)

Calibri is probably the closest.

Just looking at the above and I swear Yvonne from Central was fiddling with her mic/talkback and her bra. I don't think she's from Anglia.
SL
slrkn77
I thought so aswell. Well, thanks anyway! Have a nice day. Smile
SL
slrkn77
Oh my gosh! I just found the perfect match for it! You have to pay for it but it would be great for just a one-off small use. http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/preusstype/phoenica-std-office/regular/

Newer posts