The Newsroom

Tower-less Ticker on News 24

Rarely seen (December 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NW
NewsWatch
Moz is right it is Red when there is breaking News - It was red!!
LE
Lee
Joy! I have found the final pieces right at the bottom of the box...

http://www.leeseaman.com/stuff/boxpieces.gif
BB
BBC LDN
NewsWatch posted:

For fûck's sake, we all know that the ticker mast goes red when the ticker is carrying breaking news. Can you either píss off completely, or try to actually make some more valuable contributions to the Forum? At the moment, virtually everything you say is either agreeing with something already said, or telling us something incredibly bloody obvious.
LE
Lee
BBC LDN posted:
NewsWatch posted:

For fûck's sake, we all know that the ticker mast goes red when the ticker is carrying breaking news...

No, I don't think we all do. More should be said about this red ticker thingy.

Well trying desperately to move on now, is there anything else that anybody's seen that isn't seen a lot on News 24, apart from streakers and solo-tickers?
IS
Isonstine Founding member
Lee S posted:
BBC LDN posted:
NewsWatch posted:

For fûck's sake, we all know that the ticker mast goes red when the ticker is carrying breaking news...

No, I don't think we all do. More should be said about this red ticker thingy.

Well trying desperately to move on now, is there anything else that anybody's seen that isn't seen a lot on News 24, apart from streakers and solo-tickers?

Yes, Breaking News! Laughing
MO
Moz
First you're (wrongly) saying that the ticker mast is orange...

BBC LDN posted:
Moz posted:
Shouldn't the back wall be red like the front wall, not orange!

Erm, the front wall looks orange to me... largely because it is.

Then you criticise people who give the facts...

BBC LDN posted:
NewsWatch posted:

For fûck's sake, we all know that the ticker mast goes red when the ticker is carrying breaking news. Can you either píss off completely, or try to actually make some more valuable contributions to the Forum? At the moment, virtually everything you say is either agreeing with something already said, or telling us something incredibly bloody obvious.

Now there's no point in making a big deal about whether something's red or orange, but when you come on here shouting the odds over perfectly valid points, then there is an issue.
BB
BBC LDN
Sweetie, don't pick a fight with me, because you'll lose.

Moz posted:

http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/towerlessticker.jpg

Blame it on your shît capturing or whatever, but I'm afraid in that image the ticker mast is a dark orange, and even after being told that it's the breaking news ticker, it still takes some imagination to believe that it's red. As demonstrated by Lee S here:

http://www.leeseaman.com/stuff/tog.gif
...the standard ticker mast is indeed coloured orange. Therefore, I'm afraid to say that there's nothing incorrect in my statement that the ticker mast is orange.

Moz posted:
Then you criticise people who give the facts...

BBC LDN posted:
NewsWatch posted:

Now there's no point in making a big deal about whether something's red or orange, but when you come on here shouting the odds over perfectly valid points, then there is an issue.

The red breaking news ticker has been on News 24 for a year now. It's been pointed out in countless threads, and it's been shown in innumerable caps both here on TV Forum and on presentation sites elsewhere. Therefore for someone to come on and tell us that the breaking news ticker is red is about as useful as someone telling me that BBC TWO's logo is purple.

Now, I realise now that the ticker you saw on screen had a red breaking news mast, but if you re-read the order of the posts, you actually made that clear after I'd made my "it looks orange because it is" post. And like it or not, in your crap capture, it does indeed look orange.

After you'd made this post:

in which you said posted:
No, it was red earlier - it does that when the news on the ticker is breaking news. My capture's not the best quality but it was definitely red at the time.

...I was quite happy to accept that it was red on your screen, and by that point you'd already confirmed the fact that the breaking news ticker is red. There was therefore absolutely no need for NewsWatch to chip in with another utterly useless post to confirm something that pretty much everyone already knows, and which you'd already mentioned a few posts earlier.

So to summarise, as I've demonstrated my statement about the ticker being orange was entirely accurate when I made it given the information I had available - you only clarified that the ticker in your capture was apparently red later. So that's your first point shot down in flames. And as for the second point, if you want to defend NewsWatch's right to reiterate points that have already been made then you go right ahead. Personally I wouldn't want to ally myself with someone whose most useful contributions are sentiments such as "I agree" and "that's right", but that's just me.
BB
bbcworld2003
Can I ask those people who have the images of the Tower can I ask where you got them from or did you produce them yourselves??
HA
harshy Founding member
It's very easy to produce that, all you need is Photoshop CS.
AP
Aphrodite007
Guys, I know this sounds very obvious, but it IS only a message board. Shocked
BB
bbcworld2003
Aphrodite007 posted:
Guys, I know this sounds very obvious, but it IS only a message board. Shocked

What do you mean by that?? it may be a meesage board but this is where we discuss the topic. Neutral
UB
Uncle Bruce
BBC LDN posted:
Sweetie, don't pick a fight with me, because you'll lose.

Moz posted:

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

Jeez, LDN.

You've got increasingly uppety (and camp) of late.

Are you taking the right pills for your blood pressure at the moment??

Newer posts