TV Home Forum

ITV3 on Sky

(November 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
I know this is being discussed in another thread, but I am lost.

I have now seen ITV3 on channel 119 on Sky, and ITV2 now moved to 118, meaning Granada Plus is no longer on Sky's channel listings. Please answer me these questions:

1. What is ITV3 doing on Sky?
2. Why has PLUS been sacrafised?
3. Why does the listings for ITV3 on Sky just say "This Is ITV3"?

Many thanks.
AD
Adam
See the ITV3 thread for details.
A former member
Adam posted:
See the ITV3 thread for details.

But it is confusing me though!
BC
BlackCat Founding member
At the last minute, ITV has convinced Sky to sell them their half of Granada Sky Broadcasting, which is the company responsible for PLUS and Men and Motors. Now that ITV own PLUS completely, they've cruelly axed it immediately, so that ITV3 can have its space on the Sky EPG.
A former member
BlackCat posted:
At the last minute, ITV has convinced Sky to sell them their half of Granada Sky Broadcasting, which is the company responsible for PLUS and Men and Motors. Now that ITV own PLUS completely, they've cruelly axed it immediately, so that ITV3 can have its space on the Sky EPG.

Ohh. Thank you very much for that, but why does it keep on saying "This Is ITV3" on the TV Listings?
NW
NewsWatch
Granada and Sky own different parts of a company GSB and Granada sold there part and so it has gone off the air.

Since GSM owned Plus, Plus could no longer use Granada's programmes. So there was a space on the Sky EPG and so ITV 3 could fit in.

Thats what I think is happening, correct me if I am wrong!
I am probably wrong!
RO
roo
In case you forget...
BC
BlackCat Founding member
NewsWatch posted:
Granada and Sky own different parts of a company GSB and Granada sold there part and so it has gone off the air.

Since GSM owned Plus, Plus could no longer use Granada's programmes. So there was a space on the Sky EPG and so ITV 3 could fit in.

Thats what I think is happening, correct me if I am wrong!
I am probably wrong!

It is indeed wrong - refer to my post Wink
A former member
But why aren't ITV3's programmes on Sky's listings?
BC
BlackCat Founding member
They simply haven't had the time to sort the listings out yet. Don't worry, you will be able to watch the channel!
NW
NewsWatch
Digital Spy
A former member
BlackCat posted:
They simply haven't had the time to sort the listings out yet. Don't worry, you will be able to watch the channel!

Cool. Thanks, but ITV are going to get complaints from me now that I am PLUSless.

People with TV Capture Cards, get them ready to capture the launch!!! Please?

Newer posts