The Newsroom

BBC Election 2015

XX days to go... (March 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
I'm wondering if this will be seen as a "classic" and become a BBC Parliament staple, in the same way as 1970 and the two 1990s elections have. I'd certainly say in terms of drama it beats five years ago to be the most interesting of the century so far.

Although the exit poll took much of the drama out of it.
CH
chris
I'm going to be that annoying person - is there a video of the opening? Can't find one anywhere and BBC iPlayer strangely seems to start at 10:33
VM
VMPhil
I've been looking for a decent copy of the titles too but nobody seems to have uploaded it yet.
MA
madmusician
I reckon they're still encoding the first part of the election programme (which runs throughout the night). It took ages to come up, then it was only the final hour there, before it disappeared again, so I hope it's being sorted out at the moment.

Apart from anything else, I plan to grab a nice copy of it for posterity from the iPlayer.
LL
London Lite Founding member

BBC London is in an alternative studio near the Houses of Parliament.

GI
ginnyfan
chris posted:
I'm going to be that annoying person - is there a video of the opening? Can't find one anywhere and BBC iPlayer strangely seems to start at 10:33

SE
Square Eyes Founding member
They didn't half drag out that exit poll result. Better to get the whole result up on the screen as quickly as possible, rather than those individual virtual effigies of the party leaders.
CH
chris
Brilliant, thanks!

That Reporting Scotland special theme is fantastic. Give it a listen on iPlayer.
HB
HarryB
A return of the adapted Olympic close for the end of tonights Ten
Last edited by HarryB on 8 May 2015 11:06pm
VM
VMPhil
Thank you ginnyfan! Now I can post what I'm sure we've all been waiting for, yes it's a mock showing what the 2015 titles would look like with the classic Arthur theme, specifically 1992. I made a stereo mix from the original tracks, as all the videos on YouTube are in mono (or the programme/theme was broadcast in mono in 1992).

Spookily, and with a bit of editing to slow it down at the end, it actually fits rather well.

Des Cartes and madmusician gave kudos
CR
Critique
Must say I didn't really rate the titles for the overnight BBC programme this time around. They had nice titles for the debate and also the Election Today/Tonight programme on the NC, with the titles featuring that web of lines and then the election logoshape with images within it, but come election night it seemed odd to go from graphics to live action stuff, and just showing lots of footage of the House of Commons and Downing Street.
CA
Cando
Breakfast being presented from the Westminster " bubble" with Charlie and Naga. Bill is in Edinburgh.

Newer posts