TV Home Forum

BBC Three

Great Movie Mistakes, Great Movie Mistakes 2, Songs of Praise Uncut, ..programmes start at 7:00pm. (May 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
David
Apparently Lady Gaga was late starting the concert that is being shown live on BBC Three and as a consequence the channel is now running late. Family Guy has been moved back 10 minutes according to the EPG, but the BBC only seem to move shows 10 minutes at a time, so I imagine at 22:09 they will move it by 10 minutes again.

EDIT: BBC Three just ran a crawler saying Family Guy would follow this programme.
Last edited by David on 17 July 2011 12:04am - 4 times in total
JO
Jonny
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w191/2007TopGearDog/bbc3fgslug.jpg
MW
Mike W
It's irritating me, can't White City just cut clear from her, she's quite annoying, rolling about on a piano.
AN
Ant
I'm not near a telly, anyone know what BBC HD are doing? They were supposed to be simulcasting new Family Guy with Three.

EDIT: Never realised BBC HD were showing the Big Weekend, too.
Last edited by Ant on 16 May 2011 12:57pm
AN
Andrew Founding member
I never knew Family Guy was so popular.

The outrage on Twitter is like when EastEnders was dropped to show coverage of the handover to the new government last year!
DA
David
I never knew Family Guy was so popular.

The outrage on Twitter is like when EastEnders was dropped to show coverage of the handover to the new government last year!

Isn't it BBC Threes most popular programme? The new series only just started last week too. I only turned over to watch Family Guy actually. I think they made the right decision to keep this on until it reaches its conclusion (a poster on Digital Spy points out that it may need to finish by 11pm due to licensing laws). I'm quite enjoying it, I'll probably watch Family Guy tomorrow instead now, no great loss. I wish more channels would allow things to overrun (BBC One and The One Show are a prime example of something that sometimes needs to overrun).

Oh, looks like it is about to finish now.

EDIT: Crowd are calling for an encore on the live feed...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2011/#stream5

No wonder BBC Three cut away so quickly.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Obviously no live announcer on BBC Three then, and they are still doing that annoying 'next' thing in the announcements.
JO
Jonny
Pretty sure new episodes average around 1m, so a big call to keep R1BW on air, although I suspect they'll be banking on Gaga attracting similar figures.

It's also got to be weighed up against the similar *outrage* that would have undoubtedly raged should she have been cut off in her, erm, 'prime'.
BA
Badger264
They couldn't justify 100 minutes of build up only to ditch the coverage after 20 minutes. Its annoying, but Family Guy is on at 10.30pm or later throughout the week so eventually starting at 10.40pm is no real issue. Radio 1's Big Weekend is a big BBC event and Lady Gaga is a big name, so I imagine that either way BBC3 will get good ratings tonight. The only issue is, the BBC knew the set was an hour long so why they didn't just put Family Guy at 10.40pm in the first place is a bit of an idiotic thing to do, then people would have known when to come back.

They also should have planned for the event of it over running, perhaps they should have originally scheduled a half hour block of highlights at 10pm that could be eaten into and eventually dropped if needed. Family Guy would have only been shifted back 10 minutes in that situation.
WE
Westy2
I just 'don't get her' full stop.

She comes across in the papers as being mad as a box of frogs!
BA
Badger264
I just 'don't get her' full stop.

She comes across in the papers as being mad as a box of frogs!

Shes just a walking gimmick, everything about her. But it works, because it has the effect you say. Most of her fans buy into it, and shes tapped well into the gay market who are very obsessive about her. If you strip away her gimmicks you're only left with some pretty average pop-dance, not the musical genius some think she is.
PT
Put The Telly On
I never knew Family Guy was so popular!

Well, 5 years ago it would have no doubt been Two Pints of Lager and A Packet of Crisps... so... makes a change. Laughing

Newer posts