TV Home Forum

EastEnders

General Discussion (April 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
stevek2
guess at they were pulling the set down and rebuilding it in realistic HD ready brickwork anyway they could go the whole hog and actually set fire to it

now the webcam for the square is off so I guess they have uncovered the new queen vic and don't want us to see it yet

10 days later

DA
David
Anyone know what the thinking is behind having EastEnders scheduled at 19:25 today and giving the impression it is on for 35 minutes? I thought it might be to stop viewers turning over for some big event on ITV1 but I can't see anything obvious that they are trying to spoil.

The BBC Three showing is only scheduled for the standard 30 minutes, I assume the BBC One showing will just be surrounded by more trailers and we are actually loosing 5 minutes of The One Show rather than gaining an extra 5 minutes of EastEnders. It all seems a bit pointless.
DA
davidhorman
David posted:
Anyone know what the thinking is behind having EastEnders scheduled at 19:25 today and giving the impression it is on for 35 minutes? I thought it might be to stop viewers turning over for some big event on ITV1 but I can't see anything obvious that they are trying to spoil.

A friend mentioned that last night's episodes of Corrie seemed to have been timed to overlap both ends of Eastenders, whereas usually ITV just run late (don't they?)

David
ST
stevek2
in defence of somebody opening another EE post the search facility is not working as I couldn't find this topic last week when I did a search, and here it is
DA
David
in defence of somebody opening another EE post the search facility is not working as I couldn't find this topic last week when I did a search, and here it is

It was on page 3 of the forum when I bumped it. You hardly needed a search facility to find it. You could always try this if you couldn't find it yourself... http://tinyurl.com/37hm8mv

BBC HD have The One Show scheduled for 30 minutes, I wonder what they will do with the extra 5 minutes. Hope someone has told them there has been a schedule change.
Last edited by David on 7 September 2010 6:59pm
NE
newsatten
What did everyone think of the explosion episode tonight?

My opinion - a bit stupid to be honest. Whilst the special effects were really good. I thought the story around it was stupid. Peggy keep running in and out the pub was stupid. Along with that scream ( god it was giving me a headache it was that high pitched!) and all everyone seemed to want to do in a middle of a fire was have a row! Laughing

The bit where Peggy repeating "Let it burn! Let it burn" quite a few times was just stupid - has she recently been admitted to a mental home? Barbara Winsor is normally very good, but tonight her and a lot of the casts acting seemed really poor.

Plus all that and no-one dies! ( Well yet!) or even is still traped in the fire. I don't think their going to kill Peggy off tomorrow - surely they would have, had Peggy get injured seriously/ still trapped in the pub in and then end it not knowing if she pulls through. I can see it being a Black Cab for Peggy! Laughing
Last edited by newsatten on 9 September 2010 8:29pm - 6 times in total
JB
JasonB
I wonder what happened to the house across from the vic? On the webcam that was boardered up too.
Last edited by JasonB on 9 September 2010 8:50pm
MA
Markymark
What did everyone think of the explosion episode tonight?

My opinion - a bit stupid to be honest. Whilst the special effects were really good.

On the whole, though you could see at a couple of points electronically added smoke. It didn't look right because the scaling was wrong.

I remember Gerry Anderson saying in a interview once that the biggest challenges on Thunderbirds were smoke, running water, and flames. All three do not 'scale'
CH
Chewy
I enjoyed it while it was on, but looking back...meh, nothing big happened
DA
davidhorman
On the whole, though you could see at a couple of points electronically added smoke. It didn't look right because the scaling was wrong.

I think it was more that it stayed in front of the camera when it panned. Peggy's stunt wig got a lot of screen time tonight, I noticed - and that all screaming made me think of Gollum in LoTR.

If all Phil wanted was some drugs, he could have just asked Dot, from the look of her...

David
NG
noggin Founding member
David posted:

The BBC Three showing is only scheduled for the standard 30 minutes, I assume the BBC One showing will just be surrounded by more trailers and we are actually loosing 5 minutes of The One Show rather than gaining an extra 5 minutes of EastEnders. It all seems a bit pointless.

I think The One Show ran shorter than normal to allow EastEnders to run a longer than usual episode. They may have altered the BBC One billing to ensure people didn't miss the earlier than usual start of EastEnders. BBC Three scheduling may have been less aware.
MI
philMID
A good episode, think Peggy really showed emotion , I liked the "let it burn" at the end, it sort of shows that she "has gone but she hasn't".

All of the screaming and running about like a load of ants being disturbed was a bit stupid with everyone running in and out of the fire all of the time. Seemed to take everyone a while to open the doors!

I mean yes you're going to be shocked and scared but it was way too over the top with screaming forever in my opinion!

But there we go a weird ending!

Newer posts