The Newsroom

New Meridian, BBC South & South East Thread

(July 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
David
It was Paul Siegert's last Politic Show on Sunday. He said he was moving on to other things. Is he leaving South East Today too? Who will present The Politics Show South East in future? I think Natalie Graham has been a stand in before.

BTW, here is a Dr. Who clip...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3UK02HF-cg

Off topic? Nope. Can you spot why the clip is relevant to this thread?
Last edited by David on 3 May 2010 6:10pm
JO
Joe
Ricky Gervais is from Reading.
DA
David

No no no. That may be reason enough for Meridian Tonight to have a Ricky Gervais special but that is not the reason I posted the video. There is something else.
PT
Put The Telly On

No no no. That may be reason enough for Meridian Tonight to have a Ricky Gervais special but that is not the reason I posted the video. There is something else.

Just tell us.
DA
David
Just tell us.

How is that any fun? Take a look at Dr. Who's assistant. Who is that playing her?
DA
David
Meridian Tonight mentioned that Caroline Dinenage had won the Gosport seat in last nights election but they didn't mention that her dad is Fred.

Fred Dinenage and Sangeeta Bhabra were taking turns reading the results, it was Sangeeta's turn when they did the Gosport result.

Oh, and btw, the reason this clip is relevant to this thread is because Dr. Who's assistant is played by BBC South East Today's Claudia Sermbezis.
LO
Londoner
Interesting to see what they've done on the web tonight.

They'd obviously already recorded the Meridian West 15-mins when the decision was made to pull the regional news at 6, as it's been put online in its entirety as a a 'web exclusive'

Meridian East gets a slightly shorter made-for-web bulletin presented by Sangeeta on her own.
DE
deejay
All analogue and digital television channels broadcast from the Oxford (Beckley) transmitter are currently off-air following a "flashover" and small fire just after 2pm today. The site was evacuated for a time but staff are now back investigating how much damage there has been. Currently no news on when services might be restored.

9 days later

NE
news26
Haven't seen Kaddy this week,is she on holiday?

11 days later

DA
David
Sports reporter Neil Bell is presenting the main South East Today 6:30 programme this evening. I have never seen him take the main presenting role before. Is this his first time? I wonder if he will do the sport as well, I am not sure they have any other sports reporters.
MI
mizzb
He looked so nervous but did a good job. I liked it when they had some other reporter who looked like his clone doing his usual sports from the customary irrelevant riverside location in Chatham. Smile
What is with BBC SE and these random sitings of news reporters, it's part of the charm but I never quite get why they are on a roof in Hastings, by the river in Chatham or near the bridge in Rochester when a lot of times it has flip all to do with the story.
DA
dazza1976
The locations in Chatham and Hastings are close to inject points, where there is a link to Tunbridge Wells - in Chatham's case, it is near Sun Pier where Radio Kent has a studio (not in the same building as the original RK studios), whilst in Hastings it's the roof of the 'Hastings Media Centre' (or something with a similar name).

Not sure about Rochester as I've never seen it.

Newer posts