The Newsroom

New Meridian, BBC South & South East Thread

(July 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
May well depend on which advertisers have bought spots on the day?
MA
Markymark

For a while Oxford still showed Central non news programming, and was tied to their playout, so I think it had separate ads to Hannington at that point?
Richard, London Lite and Meridian AM gave kudos
MI
TheMike

For a while Oxford still showed Central non news programming, and was tied to their playout, so I think it had separate ads to Hannington at that point?

Oxford switched fully to Meridian on 2nd February 2015.

This was the day Freeview mux BBC-B, which carries ITV HD switched in its entirety from the Midlands version to the South East version, so it impacted all main Freeview HD channels at the time.

Between February 2009 and February 2015, Central South carried Meridian News but Central adverts and what was left of other regional programming from Central.
London Lite, Markymark and Meridian AM gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Where is the weather forecast for BBC South Today's late Sunday bulletin recorded ?

Last night's looked terrible. The presenter looked like a ghost, washed out, out of focus, and running at 25p ! The graphics themselves were fine, sharp (well within the confines of SD) and clean.
RD
RDJ
Where is the weather forecast for BBC South Today's late Sunday bulletin recorded ?

Last night's looked terrible. The presenter looked like a ghost, washed out, out of focus, and running at 25p ! The graphics themselves were fine, sharp (well within the confines of SD) and clean.

Probably at home. Filmed on an iPhone with a green screen behind. You can tell from the echos when she speaks that she’s not in a usual studio.
MA
Markymark
RDJ posted:

Probably at home. Filmed on an iPhone with a green screen behind. You can tell from the echos when she speaks that she’s not in a usual studio.

Oh, I didn't hear the audio properly, Mrs MM was talking away. It looked less than impressive, but needs must and all that. Liam Dutton's C4 forecasts which are also done at home look better.
LL
London Lite Founding member
RDJ posted:

Oh, I didn't hear the audio properly, Mrs MM was talking away. It looked less than impressive, but needs must and all that. Liam Dutton's C4 forecasts which are also done at home look better.

I agree, although the framing of Liam doesn't look great.
MA
Markymark
RDJ posted:

I agree, although the framing of Liam doesn't look great.

Indeed. It's all a little 'Sylvester Stuart' !
bilky asko and London Lite gave kudos
BA
Ballyboy
This has always bugged me. for the south east version of itv Meridian. why isn’t there a south east landmark for the backdrop. they use Henley on Thames
MA
Markymark
This has always bugged me. for the south east version of itv Meridian. why isn’t there a south east landmark for the backdrop. they use Henley on Thames

M20 Lorry Park ?
BA
Ballyboy
Dartford Crossing or Brighton Pavilion would be nice
MA
Markymark
Dartford Crossing or Brighton Pavilion would be nice

Neither of which are really properly in the Meridian SE region !

Brighton is in the BBC South East region, it moved there at DSO, but Meridian kept it in their South region

Newer posts