TV Home Forum

The Christmas TV Thread

Formerly: Is there a Christmas TV thread yet? (October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Sadly not... I think it's just a case that ITV can see £ signs for doing this as they can no doubt sell it to the US.

I take it the programme will be made by Simon cowal company or talkback Thames? nothing against Miss Boyle, but putting her BACK on tv in front of hugh studio the right thing?

What other Spiecal could we be getting from BBC/ITV etc?
SU
suziechan
This Thred Is a little 'too soon' as I gess that more then half of the tv stations would not have even talked about christmas yet. Laughing

you are kidding aren't you?!

christmas was on the table in july...
MI
Michael
Well there will be a Christmas special of the Royle Family, but the New Year Jonathan Creek has been pushed back to Easter.
EX
excel99
Channel 4 will have a show from Kirstie Allsop about a DIY Christmas
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/commissioning/location-presenter-to-front-diy-christmas-series/5007154.article
CH
chattamanuk
This Thred Is a little 'too soon' as I gess that more then half of the tv stations would not have even talked about christmas yet. Laughing

you are kidding aren't you?!

christmas was on the table in july...

And that is from someone in the know! Thank you suziechan.
SU
suziechan

And that is from someone in the know! Thank you suziechan.

hello you!
thought I recognised you from the 'other side'...!

christmas is already in full swing...draft schedules, but nothing is confirmed, and won't be for a while. but there's some good stuff coming up, with stuff for everyone.

sadly, by then, i'm sure I'll be sick of it!!!
FA
fanoftv
Do you think that any other channel, mainly ITV will ever get close to the BBC on Christmas Day/over the Christmas period as a whole.

What is the reason that you think that BBC One always seems to win the Christmas ratings, is it tradition or is it more to do with scheduling, or laziness from viewers as the majority of the people just have it as a background on the day itself?
PT
Put The Telly On
So all in all, this thread has inevitably turned into the Christmas thread anyway.

You wait until the BBC1 ident talk.. it gets possessive on here.
DE
denton
So all in all, this thread has inevitably turned into the Christmas thread anyway.

You wait until the BBC1 ident talk.. it gets possessive on here.

Indeed. Just wait for the BBC 1 Christmas ident talk to materialise
CH
Chie

Apparently the BBC filmed their Doctor Who Christmas ident about eight months ago.

And I shall be boycotting BBC One for the entire two-week duration. Wink
BE
besty
What is the reason that you think that BBC One always seems to win the Christmas ratings, is it tradition or is it more to do with scheduling, or laziness from viewers as the majority of the people just have it as a background on the day itself?

I always thought it's because (in recent years anyway) ITV go all out in the run up to Christmas - in particular I'm a Celeb/X-factor carrying important/cash-heavy ads - and from Christmas Eve night onwards ads are less valuable from ITVs pov (I have seen boxing day sale ads as early as 1pm on Christmas Eve - rather depressing) and as such all their valuable shows are on before Christmas rather than during because of that reason. As such BBC1 always seems to have a clear run.
AR
argyess
Chie posted:

Apparently the BBC filmed their Doctor Who Christmas ident about eight months ago.

And I shall be boycotting BBC One for the entire two-week duration. Wink

There's a lot of talk about this Dr Who Christmas ident but can anyone definitively confirm this is actually going to be the ident?

I remember last year a lot of people on this forum were saying that the 2008 bbc1 xmas ident would feature Father Christmas and of course, it never did (though I did enjoy the Wallace and Gromit one!)

Newer posts