TV Home Forum

The Christmas TV Thread

Formerly: Is there a Christmas TV thread yet? (October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
chattamanuk
Please don't shoot me down, but wondered if there was a Christmas thread started yet? I have searched but can't find one. I had expected there to be one, but haven't seen one yet. So, apart from what has already been confirmed by the relevant channels that will be on, does anyone have any other info?
Last edited by chattamanuk on 22 October 2009 11:52am
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Please don't shoot me down, but wondered if there was a Christmas thread started yet? I have searched but can't find one. I had expected there to be one, but haven't seen one yet. So, apart from what has already been confirmed by the relevant channels that will be on, does anyone have any other info?

Why would you expect there to be one just past the middle of October?

It comes round soon enough, thanks.
CH
chattamanuk
Why would I expect it? Because there was one at the beginning of October last year.
GS
Why would I expect it? Because there was one at the beginning of October last year.

Aye, with two pages of people saying, "too soon".
IS
Inspector Sands

Says you who registered on this site yesterday!
CH
chattamanuk
I don't understand what you mean by that comment. As I said in my original post, I did a search.
GS
I don't understand what you mean by that comment. As I said in my original post, I did a search.

In any event, its really a bit early to be discussing this. As you'll know, when the newspapers go to print with the holiday TV guides they are littered with "to be confirmed" - and that's not until some time in November.

I think once those go to print it would be appropriate to start a thread. The most I am aware of is the Victoria Wood special for the BBC, and that's only because it was shot well in advance.
IT
ITV 2010
This Thred Is a little 'too soon' as I gess that more then half of the tv stations would not have even talked about christmas yet. Laughing
BE
besty
This Thred Is a little 'too soon' as I gess that more then half of the tv stations would not have even talked about christmas yet. Laughing

I imagine quite the opposite, they'll have been talking about it for months - just not in public.

Also lined up will be David Tennant's last hurrah as the 10th Doctor in two parts - rumoured to be Christmas Day and New Years Day
CH
chattamanuk
Thank you besty, a poster that hasn't torn me to shreds about this topic. I am not sure which TV stations who would not have already spoken about Christmas TV yet, but certainly the BBC & ITV have already released details of some Christmas specials.

BBC - Victoria Wood, Cranford, Catherine Tate
ITV - Ant & Dec Christmas special, An audience with Susan Boyle

to make but a few.
:-(
A former member
An audience with Susan Boyle: Shocked this is some kind of joke?
CH
chattamanuk
Sadly not... I think it's just a case that ITV can see £ signs for doing this as they can no doubt sell it to the US.

Newer posts