TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
mannewskev
Just a passing thought on all of this - if Schofield does have a "side" to him, isn't it likely that it would have come out during the 24 hour live broadcast he did for Text Santa a few years ago? Over that period, with no sleep, surely the mask would have slipped at some point?

Exactly.
:-(
A former member
Worth noting that it is possible to be nice to the public and most people you work with whilst being an arse to people you don’t particularly like. Not sure anyone is saying The Schofe is some sort of tyrant.
MA
mannewskev
I would just return to the fact that there is not once ounce of proof as regards any poor behaviour on his part, indeed he's publicly denied it.
Jory, mr_vivian and james-2001 gave kudos
RE
Revolution
Its possible it only comes out when he is working with people who bring it out of him.

Or in the case of R Cilla, in the company of cabin crew or runners.
MR
mr_vivian
I would just return to the fact that there is not once ounce of proof as regards any poor behaviour on his part, indeed he's publicly denied it.

Further to that he has on occassion gone the extra mile and given those who have rang in to this morning extra help and given away extra stuff like once he asked a child what their favourite show was and he said Doctor Who and he had managed to get the kid onto the Doctor Who set.

I think regardless of fact or fiction it was unprofessional of Amanda to come out with it. It says more about her than Phil really.
UBox, Jory and mannewskev gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member

Although there are some undeniable facts:

Amanda Holden has gone on record with her allegations.
The relationship between Fern Britton and Phillip clearly disintegrated towards the end of Fern's tenure.
Fern and Phillip had a particularly acrimonious exchange on This Morning's 30th Birthday.
Fern's former agent has gone on record basically backing up Amanda Holden.
Veteran agent Mike Hollingsworth has gone on record claiming Phillip had a veto on the guests if he didn't like them.

What they are saying might be a load of nonsense, but the fact that prominent figures are making these claims is surely worthy of discussion on here, rather than it being shut down with "there's no proof"?
London Lite, Cando and Revolution gave kudos
PF
PFML84
I don't particularly like either of them, so to hear they both don't like each other and accusations are starting to fly around doesn't surprise me.

Come on, dish some real dirt and let this get messy! Laughing Laughing

MA
manclad
Its possible it only comes out when he is working with people who bring it out of him.

She is something of a folklore among cabin crew.
VM
VMPhil

She is something of a folklore among cabin crew.

Obligatory forum thread link: https://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html
JA
james-2001
I've heard the story of how much British Airways cabin crew despised Cilla many times!

Heard similar stories from people who have encountered her in other lines of work too.
Last edited by james-2001 on 26 June 2019 1:04pm
SP
Spencer
I've heard the story of how much British Airways cabin crew despised Cilla many times!

Heard similar stories from people who have encountered her in other lines of work too.

She seemed to be somewhat notorious, although my sister, who worked in racecourse hospitality, was in charge of looking after her and Paul O' Grady on one occasion, and said that they were both delightful.

I guess we all have good and bad days, and if you're a celeb, one bad day can tarnish your reputation for good.
JO
Jonwo
In regards to Cilla, I imagine Paul O’Grady probably kept her in check.

Newer posts