TV Home Forum

The Crystal Maze returns to C4

Second series of celeb specials with new games now airing Fridays (August 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DO
dosxuk
Jon posted:
Loads of new games and a new character. Probably the best episode so far too.

Indeed. Just wish they'd cut some of the chat down and give us two extra games.
JO
Jon
Considering I think they've recorded two series in one go, not likely to happen soon.

Pretty blatant IT Crowd reference at the start of this week episode.
Last edited by Jon on 7 July 2017 2:08am
EE
EastEngland
This mindless knight chatter who isn't even a good actor and sounds like some monotone speech rambling on?

In the place of what could have been an extra game?

Really?

How Naff.
JO
Jon
She's amazing and the sort of thing that was meant to be in the original series but they never kind of got round to doing. She's also been in some of the most respected sitcoms of now, so isn't a bad actor, she's playing 'awkward' if you hadn't realised and helps to bring out more of Richard's character.

Unfortunately comedy is subjective and you're one of the ones who don't find this particular interaction funny, many will, many won't it's unfortunate for you you're on the wrong side of that.

It ain't in place of what would be an extra game they don't want to give us that regardless.

This is the best show of the series so far.
Stedixon and Blake Connolly gave kudos
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
8 minutes in until the first game is such a waste when you consider the show has around a 45 minute run time.

The knight character is unnecessary.
JO
Jon
I think she'll grow on you, one of the great mistakes of Tudor era was not brining in a new character or two to replace Mumsey.
EE
EastEngland
Jon, what connection do you have to her?

Very weird of someone to post on here about such things and supplement them with comments such as "the best show of the series" when something has only been on for 10 minutes.....Far too little to judge an episode on for most people....

Big difference with Mumsy is she used time during games and during transition from game to game, she never appeared to take her own running time out of the show at the start - if C4 want to use such characters in this way they need to axe them or increase running times.
JO
Jon
Jon, what connection do you have to her?

Very weird of someone to post on here about such things and supplement them with comments such as "the best show of the series" when something has only been on for 10 minutes.....Far too little to judge an episode on for most people....

To answer both of your questions.

1. She is my wife.

2. I've already watched the episode so many times my O2 priority code for it has expired.

One of those answers may be lie, I'll leave you to guess which one.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Jon posted:
I think she'll grow on you, one of the great mistakes of Tudor era was not brining in a new character or two to replace Mumsey.

You are Richard O'Brien and I claim my £10. Send it to Blackmail, Behind the hot water pipes, etc. Smile
BR
Brekkie
Good ep tonight though pointless switching up the order - adds nothing considering they've not made authentic transitions.

Richard quickly made his mark IMO - it feels like his show. Still game light though, not so much tonight from the patter betwee games but because due to a quick lock in and at least one game solved quickly there should have been time for another game.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Jon posted:

There was Lance!!! And Starbuck the cat!!! Although Lance didn't really have any personality whatsoever and Starbuck was never seen.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Jon posted:

There was Lance!!! And Starbuck the cat!!! Although Lance didn't really have any personality whatsoever and Starbuck was never seen.

Starbuck was seen. Technically. As a kitten, apparently in some archive film footage. Appears on the old film in the Ocean Zone in the last episode, see from 25:40:

Newer posts