TV Home Forum

The Nightly Show

8 weeks trail with ITV temporarily moving the NAT (September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DC
DCI02
Will Dermot still get 5 episodes? I imagine the guests would already be booked.
:-(
A former member

Its bit appropriate to ask right now, ( maybe later on,) but not at this junction in time
DC
DCI02

Its bit appropriate to ask right now, ( maybe later on,) but not at this junction in time

Sorry, I was just curious to see how it would work.
A former member
Ask tomorrow; I doubt Dermot Nor ITV will be dealing with this today.
LL
Larry the Loafer
He'll probably just finish on Friday as usual.
DW
DavidWhitfield
In my view, it's perfectly acceptable to ask that question on a television presentation forum.

If 'yeah, but will Dermot get his full five days?' had been posted as a comment on a BBC News post about the atrocity, it would be different, but that didn't happen.

I think BeanoMaster is well within his rights to wonder how The Nightly Show will deal with the events, and posted these ponderings in the appropriate place.
A former member
I agree he should be able to ask, All i was pointing out was, No one would even know since ITV and higher management are dealing with much bigger factors right now.

All I said was not at this junction in time.
AS
AlexS
Alternatively this could be the excuse they needed to get rid of the show completely or move it to after the news...
(a terror attack in London is going to dominate news for at least a few days)
DC
DCI02
To be honest, I probably should have worded it better. It didn't mean to show that I didn't care about today's terrible events. However, as David mentioned, this is a TV forum and not a news forum.

Also, there is some good news today. Bradley Walsh has been conformed on SRO to host the week after Ramsay.
tmorgan96 and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
DV
dvboy
The repeat is replaced with Countrywise.
BR
Brekkie
Would be funny if that rated better. Have any figures for the post-midnight repeat been released?
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
BREAKING NEWS:- The Nightly Show is cancelled in favour of an extended ITV News at Ten, with highlights and analysis of the terrorist attack in London.

Newer posts