TV Home Forum

Christmas 2016

Adverts/Trailers/Promos/General TV Presentation etc (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Barney Rubble
So STV have a recycled old one....better than nothing I guess!?
:-(
A former member
So STV have a recycled old one....better than nothing I guess!?

No there have updated them.
BR
Barney Rubble
Have they? Not so you would notice then??
A former member
Yes, there is a kid photoshop on a xmas tree, a new baby and xmas Kitten

http://tvlive.org.uk/tv-presentation/itv/stv/stv-2014/stv-christmas-2014/
TO
tomo359
I know its not really tv pres related as such, but just thought i'd mention Hollyoaks have added some nice christmas touches to their opening titles with church style bells, tumpets, sparkle noises and amended the logo bit at the end with gold lettering and red sparkly background. These little touches are really effective and shows you don't need to do a huge amount of work to add some festive cheer. Unfortunately don't know how to capture footage from SkyQ otherwise I could upload them.
DB
dbl
Christmas idents are now on Channel 4 (recycled from last year but still as good)
A former member
dbl posted:
Christmas idents are now on Channel 4 (recycled from last year but still as good)

Yep, if you see the previous page, they started Sunday afternoon Wink
FA
fanoftv
I'm presuming that we've not seen any idents on Channel 5 this year.
JK
JKDerry
Just to deviate a bit. Christmas Day prime time television in the USA is just utterly dreadful. We moan about how BBC One, ITV etc fill their Christmas Night schedules, here below is a look at what is on NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX on Sunday 25th December 2016. Their prime time runs from 7.00pm-11.00pm, and these are from the owned and operated stations in New York City, which sets the schedules for all stations prime time line up.

NBC - 7.00pm Football Night in America. 8.00pm Sunday Night Football Live 11.30pm Local News

CBS - 7.00pm 60 Minutes 8.00pm I Love Lucy Christmas Special (from the 1950s but now oin Colour) 9.00pm The Dick Van Dyke Show in Colour (from the 1960s) 10.00pm Magyver (repeat)

ABC - 5.00pm NBA Basketball Live 8.00pm Film, Beauty and the Beast 10.00pm Speechless (sitcom, repeat of their Christmas episode which aired on 14th December 2016) 10.30pm Black-ish (sitcom, repeat of their Christmas episode which aired on 14th December 2016). 11.00pm Local News.

FOX - 7.00pm Bob's Burgers (double bill repeats of animated sitcom) 8.00pm The Simpsons (repeat of "The Nightmare after Krustmas" which aired on 11th December 2016). 8.30pm Son of Zorror (repeat) 9.00pm Family Guy (repeat) 9.30pm The Last Man on Earth (repeat) 10.00pm Local News

Now, we thought we had it bad. The US networks just ignore Christmas Day. All their Christmas specials (if any) seem to always air before Christmas Eve.
JA
JAS84
WTF? So NBC has live sport.... why do they play on Christmas Day? CBS has two shows from over 50 years ago, and ABC and Fox are repeating programmes from two weeks previous - and in Fox's case, pretty much their normal schedule.
GE
thegeek Founding member
JAS84 posted:
WTF? So NBC has live sport.... why do they play on Christmas Day?
ESPN will, as usual, be showing 5 back-to-back live NBA games. (Simulcast in the UK on BT Sport 1, if you're interested).

Baffles me too.

[edit] they might not all be on ESPN, but it turns out Christmas day games have been going since 1947: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Christmas_games
Last edited by thegeek on 20 December 2016 7:03am
NW
nwtv2003
JAS84 posted:
WTF? So NBC has live sport.... why do they play on Christmas Day? CBS has two shows from over 50 years ago, and ABC and Fox are repeating programmes from two weeks previous - and in Fox's case, pretty much their normal schedule.

Christmas Day isn't a total shutdown in the US like it is here, nor is it a TV day like it is in the U.K. If you look at the schedules for Sky Sports and BT Sport there's live NFL and NBA on Christmas Day.

Newer posts