The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
I don't recall Paul ever getting involved on CiN in recent years so tonight seems rare.

I've noticed over the last year or so that Paul has started to do less weather and more of other things, like presenting Inside Out. I wouldn't be surprised if, as I think somebody mentioned a while back, that in the near future he stops doing the weather all together and stays at the BBC doing another role.

Keeley has also worked on other presenting projects for BBC Daytime. The Countryfile daytime spin-off and another show about burglary.
JA
JAS84
AxG posted:
Who's doing Children in Need in Hull? Peter Levy?

They are in Bridlington with Caroline Bilton.
Good call. The council evicted those tents from Queens Gardens yesterday, but the mess is probably still being cleared, so reporting from outside their own studios was probably not an option. There's also still some dug up footpaths in the area (the council have been working on that for most of the year, for City of Culture) that they won't want to show off!
On another note does any region have a weather team as large as Look North? There's Paul, Keeley, Owain, Abbie and I think Lisa is returning in a while.
Well, they do serve two regions, Leeds AND Hull.
AN
Andrew Founding member
And keeley also presents Look North on occasion, and they do Newcastle weather during breakfast and at weekends as well.

Despite the large team they also have many occasions of having to use a freelancer like Clare Nasir or a London weather hub presenter
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Owain also works as a producer with the national weather team at NBH.
WL
W1LL
JAS84 posted:
AxG posted:
Who's doing Children in Need in Hull? Peter Levy?

They are in Bridlington with Caroline Bilton.
Good call. The council evicted those tents from Queens Gardens yesterday, but the mess is probably still being cleared, so reporting from outside their own studios was probably not an option. There's also still some dug up footpaths in the area (the council have been working on that for most of the year, for City of Culture) that they won't want to show off!

The OB from Bridlington was one of the CiN concerts they do every year, plus they were mentioning it long before the tents appeared so I doubt the plan ever was to come from outside their studios.
SW
Steve Williams
The OB from Bridlington was one of the CiN concerts they do every year, plus they were mentioning it long before the tents appeared so I doubt the plan ever was to come from outside their studios.

Indeed - I don't live in the region anymore but I remember them doing CiN from Bridlington on a number of occasions, it's more or less the regular venue.

9 days later

BA
Barney
Michael Billington hosting the main calendar programme tonight alongside gaynor, first time?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Christine tweeted as much.

Have you noticed, since Amy Garcia came back, Harry Gration seems to have reduced his workload, and he now no longer appears on anything but the main programme.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Spotted Charlotte Leeming on The One Show tonight.
RA
radiolistener
Duncan and Christine haven't partnered on Calendar for a good few weeks now.
AN
Andrew Founding member
The Christmas tree has gone up early on Look North. I wouldn't have expected it until next week.
BA
Barney
Duncan and Christine haven't partnered on Calendar for a good few weeks now.

He normally has four weeks leave at this time of year, if noticed this since 2013, where John, Jon & David usually cover for him,

Duncan seems to have stopped doing Friday's too, usually John or David does them now, btw Michael Billington presenting again tonight alongside gaynor.

Newer posts