The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WL
W1LL
Clare Nasir making a rare 6:30 appearance doing the weather on both of the Look Norths. Presumably due to Paul and Keeley doing the Children in Need opt outs.

In the East Yorkshire forecast she referred to the region as "BBC North", its been a while since I've heard the region called that.
Last edited by W1LL on 18 November 2016 6:52pm
LL
London Lite Founding member
Clare Nasir making a rare 6:30 appearance doing the weather on both of the Look Norths. Presumably due to Paul and Keeley doing the Children in Need opt outs.

My friend has set up for the LN Leeds CiN OB, apparently looks good.
BA
Barney
Lisa Adlam also making a rare appearance hosting calendar with John Shires
AN
Andrew Founding member
Lisa Adlam hasn't presented Calendar in years.

Alina Jenkins doing Breakfast weather as well.

The Look North CIN set up does look smart, but not very lively, like an extended Look North
LL
My only criticism of the LN CiN set is that it's rather dark.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Who's doing Children in Need in Hull? Peter Levy?
AG
AxG

They are in Bridlington with Caroline Bilton.
WL
W1LL

Caroline Bilton coming from Brid Spa. Hull never seems to put as much effort into CiN than Leeds.

Edit: Already posted
ST
South Today
Uncle Pete never seems to ever get involved with CiN. He was studio bound like normal tonight.

I don't recall Paul ever getting involved on CiN in recent years so tonight seems rare. Plus Harry and Amy too.
LL
Uncle Pete never seems to ever get involved with CiN. He was studio bound like normal tonight.

I don't recall Paul ever getting involved on CiN in recent years so tonight seems rare. Plus Harry and Amy too.

Harry and Amy were in Bradford during the first opt-out.
ST
South Today

Harry and Amy were in Bradford during the first opt-out.

Yes, sorry, I meant it's rare for them to be involved. Ms Ackroyd never used to be involved.
WL
W1LL
I don't recall Paul ever getting involved on CiN in recent years so tonight seems rare.

I've noticed over the last year or so that Paul has started to do less weather and more of other things, like presenting Inside Out. I wouldn't be surprised if, as I think somebody mentioned a while back, that in the near future he stops doing the weather all together and stays at the BBC doing another role.

On another note does any region have a weather team as large as Look North? There's Paul, Keeley, Owain, Abbie and I think Lisa is returning in a while.

Newer posts